←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ray ' Boom Boom' Mancini Won't...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Oct 2014

Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini won't wait for Boxing Hall of Fame call

By Lyle Fitzsimmons | CBSSports.com
October 29, 2014 12:26 pm ET

Voters have until midnight Friday to submit ballots that'll determine the 2015 induction class for the International Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota, N.Y., which could make it an anxious few days for the 20 fighters whose names are up for enshrinement consideration for the first time.

But at least one of those candidates -- 1980s lightweight champion and television staple Ray Mancini -- won't be spending any of the final 48 hours making desperate calls to campaign for acceptance.

“If some people think my career is worthy of the Hall of Fame, I'm so appreciative of that,” he said. “And if others don't think it's worthy, I understand, and God bless you. It doesn't concern me. It'd be great for a lot of people that have been associated with me over the years, but it doesn't consume me. It's not a real big consideration, at all. I was honored. I'm flattered. I'm humbled.

“All of those things that you would think. But I....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON CBS SPORTS AT: http://www.cbssports...ll-of-fame-call

rayajr's Photo rayajr 29 Oct 2014

He makes a semi-interesting point about the change from 15 to 12 rounds. Even then id have a hard time voting him in though.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 30 Oct 2014

Me don't thank him or Gatti should bees in da hof specially gatti ya digs mane. Prince Naz should bees dough