←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Fury Breaks Vow Of Silence

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 03 Nov 2014

Fury breaks vow of silence

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

There was just no way at all that it would last. I’m talking about heavyweight Tyson Fury’s silence in the lead-up to his rematch with British countryman Dereck Chisora on Nov. 29 at ExCel Arena in London. Fury (22-0, 16 KOs), one of boxing’s Mr. Bigmouths, just couldn’t help himself even though he arrived at the September news conference to kick off the promotion for the rescheduled fight (moved from July because of a Chisora injury) with tape across his mouth and vowing not to talk until after the fight. The reason for the vow of silence was because he acted so outlandishly during the original news conference when the fight was announced for July that he got fined £15,000 by the British Boxing Board of Control, which oversees boxing in England.

But the silence didn’t -- couldn’t -- last, and he went off this week.

“I’ll give Chisora the biggest war he’s ever had,” said Fury, who handily outpointed an out-of-shape Chisora (20-4, 13 KOs) when they met in July 2011. “If he thought he was in a war with me the first time, he’s got no idea of what’s coming to him on Nov. 29. I totally outmaneuvered and outgunned him last time. Since bombing Chisora out, I’ve now added extra firepower to the arsenal and blasted out six of the last seven opponents inside seven rounds. Believe Chisora ain’t gonna last against me....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...-vow-of-silence