MAKES RING RETURN NOVEMBER 8TH IN SAN FRANCISCO

TICKETS ON SALE NOW CLICK HERE

Posted ImagePosted Image

Karim Mayfield

Bounces Back For Hometown Bout

Posted Image

By Robert Cartagena -
SFbay.ca

San Francisco's Karim "Hard Hitta" Mayfield is ready to live up to his moniker once again.

Bouncing back from consecutive losses, the 33-year-old Mayfield (18-2-1, 11 KOs) is hungry to reemerge as the "Hard Hitta" of old when he faces Michael Balasi in the eight-round welterweight main event of the "Back to Business, War on the Wharf" event from Longshoremen's Hall at Fisherman's Wharf Saturday.
Mayfield told SFBay he feels plenty of urgency in his first hometown fight since stopping Sergio Joel De La Torre in the fifth round four years ago:

"This is a blood sport and there's always urgency and there's always a do-or-die situation when you're fighting in the ring. I've always taken each fight to be like that as if it was an important fight or if it was a pivotal fight, regardless of the opponent."

Balasi is 10-5 as a professional and riding a four-fight losing streak - including two via technical knockout last year. Mayfield, though, acknowledges him as a dangerous opponent on the strength of his seven knockout wins.
Once an undefeated prospect whose hard-hitting style made noise among his fellow junior welterweights, Mayfield is hoping to regain the credibility he earned throughout the first seven years of his career.

He sought to make a statement in March during his HBO-televised bout with Puerto Rico's Thomas Dulorme in Atlantic City, N.J..

But Dulorme used his slick boxing craft to tag Mayfield with jabs and crisp left hooks en route to a 10-round unanimous decision victory.
Mayfield wasn't severely hurt by any of Dulorme's best punches, but said Dulorme woke him up with a left hook in the first round that briefly stunned him:

"If you go back to the highlights, you see that I shrugged it off. I kind of shrugged my shoulder like, 'That wasn't nothing.' He hit me with his best shot and I took it. I didn't fall, I didn't shake or wobble. He stunned me a little bit, but I was back, you know."

Mayfield began opening up more following the third round and found a home for his trademark right hand throughout the second half of the fight.  
Continue Reading...

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 04 Nov 2014

Mane Hitta lost to da Transformer dat lost to da Problem dat lost to el Chino dat lost to Da Best Ever. Him likes a 4 time lost cuz.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 05 Nov 2014

Mayfield had his shot and blew it.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 05 Nov 2014

This is my big homie, looking forward to watching him fight this weekend.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 05 Nov 2014

If him loses to dis Baloney nigga its back to selling crack to da homies ya digs mane

prophecy's Photo prophecy 05 Nov 2014

Lol he's definitely have to reevaluate where he's going in boxing at that point.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 05 Nov 2014

View Postprophecy, on 05 November 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Lol he's definitely have to reevaluate where he's going in boxing at that point.
nowhere mane it'll be nowhere but back to da block