←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Thee Official Hopkins - Kovalev Pick Thread

Poll: Make your pick, state your case. (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins and how?

1. Hopkins by decision (18 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Hopkins by KO/TKO/DQ (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

3. Kovalev by decision (7 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Kovalev by KO/TKO/DQ (15 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

5. Draw (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Nov 2014

Make your picks, Pounders.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 05 Nov 2014

I'm taking Krusher via KO/TKO/DQ.  His pace will be too much, and Bernard's body won't hold up to the punishment.  Possible this ends in similar fashion to the first Dawson fight.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 05 Nov 2014

Hopkins by decision

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 05 Nov 2014

Kovalev via decision

mike john's Photo mike john 05 Nov 2014

kovalev via late corner retirement

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 05 Nov 2014

First Dawson fight was nots a lose for Hopkins if Vaseline gets DQ me feed da Rott! Ya digs mane

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 05 Nov 2014

Hopkins wins mane

rayajr's Photo rayajr 05 Nov 2014

I'm tempted to say Kovalev easy, but Hops is an alien apparently or is at least taking alien piss, or something else. I'll take Kovalev in a less than dominating but clear decision.

thabigohh's Photo thabigohh 05 Nov 2014

I am taking Hopkins by decision, Hopkins will be able to take Kovalevs best punch and that will discourage Kovalev, also Bernanrd will frustrate Kovalev and throw him off his game plan if he even has one other than hit him hard and hope he falls.
I also believe that Bernard will want to drag this fight on by not being so active early on, and then turning it on by the 6th round

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 05 Nov 2014

Hopkins by decision.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 05 Nov 2014

I hope hopkins will lose he's like the ghost of john ruiz. boring is not action

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 05 Nov 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 05 November 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

I'm taking Krusher via KO/TKO/DQ.  His pace will be too much, and Bernard's body won't hold up to the punishment.  Possible this ends in similar fashion to the first Dawson fight.
good call johnnyblaze

Antonious's Photo Antonious 06 Nov 2014

Hop will neutralize and frustrate kobalev to an ugly decision.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 06 Nov 2014

Serge looks like one of those guys who looks like a world beater against certain opposition and quickly turns to crap when he steps it up. Kind of like Ismayl sillakh.

Haven't seen enough of kovalev to say different. Only last few fights. And the dude looks physically old already. Kind of like pavlik like with the muscle no longer keeping pace. Kovalev can do it. But I think hops is in his head.

Dawson did it already. The first time looked like he might stop Bernard. So hope fouled out. Made it to the final bell in the rematch that he lost.

Krusher doesn't seem to have any special quality. And Bernards PED regimen should see him through this one.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 06 Nov 2014

Hopkins by decision. Kov winds up like all the other heavy punchers that Bernard has faced.