←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

George Foreman: 'i Was Always Afraid I...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Nov 2014

George Foreman: 'I was always afraid in the ring'

Former heavyweight world champion George Foreman talks courage, fear, money and the man he could not beat.

Faras Ghani , aljazeera.com
08 Nov 2014 10:53

George Foreman will be 66 in a few weeks.

His right jab still looks as mighty as it was when he was 25 in the defeat to Muhammad Ali. Or at 45 when he knocked out Michael Moorer.

The ferocious look has given way to a permanent grin but with boxing gloves hanging off his left shoulder, the conviction and poise remained.

“I won’t kill anyone with a punch,” he tells the interviewer at the Doha Goals Forum 2014 as he punches his left palm with his right fist, the impact amplified by the close presence of a microphone.

“I’ll only give you a light one, not a heavy one,” he adds, the punch this time sounding mightier and looking dangerous, even from a distance.

The interviewer pauses, gulps and ponders his next move....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ALJAZEERA AT: http://www.aljazeera...3837201118.html

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 08 Nov 2014

Uh... Foreman used a LEFT jab.

So much for the details from this "journalist"

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 08 Nov 2014

aljazeera is a pro muslim news source I'm not a fan. but foreman was a favorite fighter of mine.

View Post9secondko, on 08 November 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Uh... Foreman used a LEFT jab.

So much for the details from this "journalist"

I admit, I am also shocked at some of the spelling as well.  They spell Muhammad Ali as Mohammad and the first time the spell Foreman's first name: Geroge.

(I had to fix those spelling mistakes in the teaser posted above.)

View Postboxadore, on 08 November 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

aljazeera is a pro muslim news source I'm not a fan. but foreman was a favorite fighter of mine.

Then they should at least spell Muhammad Ali's name properly (If you follow the link... you'll see it).  Foreman was / is great.  He is also one of my all time faves.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 10 Nov 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 08 November 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

I admit, I am also shocked at some of the spelling as well.  They spell Muhammad Ali as Mohammad and the first time the spell Foreman's first name: Geroge.

(I had to fix those spelling mistakes in the teaser posted above.)

The best article you ever posted was that one about Naseem Hamed's career being fixed.  The one where the guy didn't understand the difference between amateur boxing and professional. :lol: