←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Espinoza Says Mayweather - Pacquiao Talks...

jlc80's Photo jlc80 12 Nov 2014

I can't link the twitter convo from last night but he says Arum and Manny were offered $40 million with a 35% upside on the PPV and they passed. Not sure how true it is but I do believe some preliminary talks happened around that time frame as both parties were namedropping each other a lot more than normal around that time.

Here are the tweets:

Stephen Espinoza  @StephenEspinoza    ·   19h 19 hours ago

Apparently Bob doesn't even know who the A-side is. "@Woodsy1069: Arum talks Pacquiao-Mayweather, says he wants it, manny wants."

@BoxingIsMyLife2 @wangpocum Wrong. Offered $40M minimum with 35% of the upside. Bob passed.

Bob hasn't moved an inch in 3 months. He's not negotiating. "@Woodsy1069: @StephenEspinoza how bout we call both As, and get er made!??"

We've made several. "@HecTorres30: @StephenEspinoza @steveucnlive @Woodsy1069 how bout you make an offer...put it out there."

Nope. That's when talks started. "@thisisnotmark: @StephenEspinoza @Woodsy1069 So Bob did make a move 3 months ago?"

Stephen Espinoza  @StephenEspinoza    ·   18h 18 hours ago

@andym_93 Brand new. With upside.
Edited by Glax0r, 12 November 2014 - 05:02 PM.
: thanks to Johnny Blaze who posted Espinoza's tweets in this thread

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 12 Nov 2014

35% only? Of the richestfightever?

Nope
Floyd still doesn't want it.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Nov 2014

Stephen the Kunt seems to be drunk tweeting often lately, I attributed it to that.

Here are the tweets:

Apparently Bob doesn't even know who the A-side is. "@Woodsy1069: Arum talks Pacquiao-Mayweather, says he wants it, manny wants."

@BoxingIsMyLife2 @wangpocum Wrong. Offered $40M minimum with 35% of the upside. Bob passed.

Bob hasn't moved an inch in 3 months. He's not negotiating. "@Woodsy1069: @StephenEspinoza how bout we call both As, and get er made!??"

We've made several. "@HecTorres30: @StephenEspinoza @steveucnlive @Woodsy1069 how bout you make an offer...put it out there."

Nope. That's when talks started. "@thisisnotmark: @StephenEspinoza @Woodsy1069 So Bob did make a move 3 months ago?"

Stephen Espinoza  @StephenEspinoza    ·   18h 18 hours ago

rayajr's Photo rayajr 12 Nov 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 November 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Stephen the Kunt seems to be drunk tweeting often lately, I attributed it to that.

Here are the tweets:

Stephen Espinoza  @StephenEspinoza       19h 19 hours ago

Stephen Espinoza  @StephenEspinoza       18h 18 hours ago

He sounds desperate.

View Post9secondko, on 12 November 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Nope
Pac wont get 50% anymore. I know you'd like 100% of his dik but getting ktfo didnt help his cause.

View Postrayajr, on 12 November 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

He sounds desperate.
He does.  According to him, his contract was extended.  I'm not so sure that's true, and the Pac fight may determine that.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 November 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

He does.  According to him, his contract was extended.  I'm not so sure that's true, and the Pac fight may determine that.
Contract extension? Why? Showtime boxing needs to clean house mane.

Still id like to see Arum address the offer at least. Ready

View Postrayajr, on 12 November 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Contract extension? Why? Showtime boxing needs to clean house mane.

Still id like to see Arum address the offer at least. Ready
No idea.  I'd like to for them to stop talking about this in the media and get the sh1t done.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 12 Nov 2014

Nope
why not 50/50 both would make enough?

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 13 Nov 2014

View Postboxadore, on 12 November 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

why not 50/50 both would make enough?
This is a business.  What indicates that Pac's side shoudl get 50%?  If your answer is to just get the fight made, then you aren't thinking about business and that Bob just probably doesn't want the fight.

atruesoutherngentleman's Photo atruesoutherngentleman 13 Nov 2014

Round and round we go... Just make the fight already, it's still going to be the most money Manny has ever made. Actually either of them have made.

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 13 Nov 2014

View Postatruesoutherngentleman, on 13 November 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Round and round we go... Just make the fight already, it's still going to be the most money Manny has ever made. Actually either of them have made.
I'm not sure about that.  The fight doesn't have the luster it once had and I don't believe even the Pac zealots are as confident in Pac being able to win as they were during Manny's purported "juicing days".

jermaine's Photo jermaine 13 Nov 2014

All Arum has to do is open up his books and compare them with fmj's and they could easily determine what the split should be. If MP is selling  what floyd is selling  it should be even ppv

gdgills's Photo gdgills 13 Nov 2014

I seriously doubt this fight makes what it once would have mainly because the overall PPV market has been way way down.  If indeed Manny was offered $40 million guaranteed and 35% of the PPV upside and Arum didn't accept, in my opinion bottom line is Arum does not want the fight.  There is no way Manny should epect to make more money on this fight than Floyd did when he fought Canelo.  At $40 million plus the upside of the PPV, plus merchandising, I think he gets really close to that number and that is what the A-side got in the richest fight of all time.  Either Arum is being overly greedy, or he really doesn't want the fight.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 13 Nov 2014

Nope
MANE u thank dis nigga gonna gets 50% him ain't da tops nigga not even close