←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Kal Yafai Hopes Victory Over Everth Bricen...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 13 Nov 2014

Kal Yafai hopes victory over Everth Briceno will propel him towards a world title shot in 2015

Sky Sports  13/11/14 5:08pm

Kal Yafai is targeting a world title shot in 2015, but firstly must overcome his toughest test against Everth Briceno.

The 25-year-old super-flyweight puts his unbeaten record on the line against the Nicaraguan in Dublin on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports. A 13th straight win for Yafai will propel him further up the rankings, but he is not expecting an easy night against Briceno, a former world title challenger.

The 36-year-old dropped points defeats against Fernando Montiel and Omar Andres Narvaez, while he also extended Leo Santa Cruz in a late stoppage defeat. But the Birmingham man has to handle this step-up in class if he wants to remain on course for major honours.

“I am moving in the right direction,” said Yafai. “It is still early in my career so there is no need for me to rush anything, but when I get opportunities I will grasp them with both hands.

“I would like to win a world title towards the end of next year, it would be ideal. If I can stay injury free and get the wins then I don’t see why that can’t happen and there are some huge fights out there for me next year where I can really break out into the big time...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON SKY SPORTS AT: http://www1.skysport...le-shot-in-2015