←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Jamie Moore Is Not Training Matt Macklin R...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 13 Nov 2014

Jamie Moore is not training Matt Macklin right now but expects him to get past Jorge Heiland

Change of camp not the best option ahead of crossroads fight

By Jamie Moore |  Sky Sports

Matt Macklin is back in action, Bernard Hopkins says he wants one more fight and some say Wladimit Klitschko has a live opponent this weekend. Jamie Moore addresses the big issues...

Your mate Matt Macklin is back in action, as are you .. how come you are not back in his corner?
Jamie says: I told him as soon as I was back in the gym that he was more than welcome to come back. The only reason he hasn't is because it's only been five weeks since the last fight and he didn't want to switch camps ahead of such an important fight. And I've said to Matt, no matter what you do or whoever you train with, my best interests are you. I just want to see you win a world title, so do whatever you want to do. I do want to work with him in the future because I am sure we can do some good things but I will be behind him 100 per cent whatever happens.

In that case how big a risk does Jorge Sebastian Heiland pose? What do you know about him?
Jamie says: Well this is the guy we were going to fight, when what happened to me happened. I hadn't really come across him but Eddie Hearn had a look, did some research and found he is high in the ratings. I checked him out and he is a good fighter. He's a southpaw with a couple of decent wins on his card and while Matt has to win, this a risk worth taking. Style-wise Heiland is very capable; he throws his punches in bunches well, but...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON SKY SPORTS AT: http://www1.skysport...t-jorge-heiland

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 16 Nov 2014

see macklin got stopped in the 10th.

back to domestic class for macklin.

doesn't seem very interested in those does he. :rolleyes:

ouch that was a nasty takedown.

knocked his front teeth out by the looks of it as well. :D

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 16 Nov 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 16 November 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

see macklin got stopped in the 10th.

back to domestic class for macklin.

doesn't seem very interested in those does he. :rolleyes:/>
I've never understood why macklins been held in such high esteem. I think being in Ricky's camp during the glory years allowed him a status he didn't really deserve.

He was always gonna fall short at world level. Every fight he had, he made difficult.

Bit of an Alex Arthur type really, comfortable at euro level but struggled when standards got a fraction higher.

few decent wins on undercards stateside.

but never proven to be a genuine top 10 fighter.

sturm beat him to. :D

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 16 Nov 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 16 November 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

few decent wins on undercards stateside.

but never proven to be a genuine top 10 fighter.

sturm beat him to. :D/>
yeah they rewrote that fight to be a complete robbery when it was in fact a close loss.

He's a nice enough lad, and can always say he did it his way. Plus I bet he's earnt a few quid. I respect that he challenged himself.

Would like to have seen him vs barker, awful that fight never happened.

He can focus on his gangster gym now.

yeah nothing against macklin.

honest type.

as a fighter i mean.

it's all about earning as much from it and coming out safe in the finish.