←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Miguel Cotto Vs. Saul Canelo Talks On Track

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 13 Nov 2014

Cotto-Canelo talks on track

November, 13, 2014
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com
The inevitable showdown between middleweight world champion Miguel Cotto and former junior middleweight titlist Canelo Alvarez looms as boxing's biggest fight in the non-Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao category. And unlike Mayweather-Pacquiao, it's a surefire pay-per-view smash hit that very likely will be made for May 2.

Dare I say, Cotto-Alvarez will go down as the biggest fight in the history of the legendary Puerto Rico-Mexico rivalry that includes many famous fights, including Salvador Sanchez-Wilfredo Gomez and the two Cotto-Antonio Margarito fights. Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya knows how big of a fight it can be and is keen to make it and believes it will be finalized sooner rather than later. In fact, the camps have already had preliminary discussions on the fight as both sides want it, as does HBO PPV, which would televise it.

"That's the fight that's being talked about the most. Everywhere I go people are asking me about it left and right," De La Hoya told ESPN.com. "This is what's going to happen -- my next move is going to be to give [Top Rank promoter] Bob Arum [Cotto's promoter] a call and start discussing the fight with Bob."....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE BY DAN RAFAEL ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...-talks-on-track