←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ruslan Provodnikov Vs. Jose Luis Castillo...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 14 Nov 2014

Provodnikov vs. Castillo on Nov. 28

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Former junior welterweight titleholder Ruslan Provodnikov's Nov. 28 homecoming fight at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow will come against long-faded former lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo.

The fight has been in the works but was made official by Provodnikov promoter Banner Promotions on Wednesday.

"I'm happy to be fighting at home. It's been three years, and I'm ready for war with Castillo," Provodnikov said. "Hope to see all my fans in Moscow on Nov. 28."

Provodnikov, 30, who is from Siberia, is known as one of boxing's most crowd-pleasing brawlers. After losing a decision in an epic slugfest challenging then-welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...illo-homecoming

rayajr's Photo rayajr 14 Nov 2014

Ruslan should be ashamed of himself, mane.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 15 Nov 2014

Castillo now just an old crusty ghost of the mane who gave tbe his first loss, the main mane at lw, and head sparring partner/protege of jc superstar.

This will be sad.

AntonioMartin's Photo AntonioMartin 15 Nov 2014

View PostAntonious, on 15 November 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

Castillo now just an old crusty ghost of the mane who gave tbe his first loss, the main mane at lw, and head sparring partner/protege of jc superstar.

This will be sad.
Who is tbe?? And....I agree with you, this will be sad.

AntonioMartin's Photo AntonioMartin 15 Nov 2014

I thought Castillo wasn't fighting anymore. Is he still re-paying the Corrales family? How long will Castillo be able to train for this, only 21/2 weeks to go and all? And, this will be like Holmes-Ali or maybe worse for Castillo.