←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

George Foreman: Wladimir Klitschko Is...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 15 Nov 2014

Boxing great Foreman: Wladimir Klitschko is 'unbeatable'

by AFP Videos

Ukraine's Wladimir Klitschko chases the 17th defence of his world heavyweight crowns against unbeaten Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev on Saturday. US boxing legend George Foreman says the Ukrainian is unbeatable, just like his brother Vitali. Duration: 00:33

WATCH VIDEO NOW VIA YAHOO AT: http://news.yahoo.co...-213955941.html

Danko's Photo Danko 15 Nov 2014

Maybe he meant to say "unwatchable"

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 15 Nov 2014

Nonsense, both have been beaten multiple times.

If Wlad gets past Pulev, he will face Stiverne or Wilder next. Either guy has more than enough power to KO Wlad. Plus, he's not getting any younger.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 15 Nov 2014

View PostDanko, on 15 November 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Maybe he meant to say "unwatchable"
Jaja. Good one, stanko.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 15 Nov 2014

Wlad continues to polarize the boxing community. Mostly butthurt blacks and Hispanics. Simply because he is too good... And white.

Hilarious.

At least big George can look past the superficial and call it like it is.

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 15 Nov 2014

Did you watch the fight? The dude fought like he was scared shitless of being hit by a guy with 11 KO's. Throw a jab and immediately reach in to grab, get grazed by a punch an flailing his hands trying to tie up. The fact that he KO'd Pulev by simply throwing a hard left hook should show you that he's fighting way below his potential for sheer safety reasons. When Lewis was in this phase of his career, he had decided to stop fighting safe and go out there and start destroying people. That is what Wlad needs to do.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 15 Nov 2014

View Post9secondko, on 15 November 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Wlad continues to polarize the boxing community. Mostly butthurt blacks and Hispanics. Simply because he is too good... And white.

Hilarious.

At least big George can look past the superficial and call it like it is.
Apparently he's real big in the gay white boy community though.

View Postrayajr, on 15 November 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Apparently he's real big in the gay white boy community though.

Must be fine with you since you've got the lockdown on the Hispanic gay incest side of things.

View PostJohnny Hopper, on 15 November 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Did you watch the fight? The dude fought like he was scared shitless of being hit by a guy with 11 KO's. Throw a jab and immediately reach in to grab, get grazed by a punch an flailing his hands trying to tie up. The fact that he KO'd Pulev by simply throwing a hard left hook should show you that he's fighting way below his potential for sheer safety reasons. When Lewis was in this phase of his career, he had decided to stop fighting safe and go out there and start destroying people. That is what Wlad needs to do.

I watched a dominating victory by a very smart champion. One who showed skill, speed, power, and athleticism combined with a cagey ability to spoil his opponents offense.

Multiple dominating knockdowns. And that final hook. Awesome.

goliath74's Photo goliath74 16 Nov 2014

View PostJohnny Hopper, on 15 November 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

You must not have watched the same fight I did.  I saw a real champion totally dominate and KO (not TKO, not win by points) a #1 contender.  You must either not be paying attention or, for some reason, really not like the guy.

hughjastic's Photo hughjastic 16 Nov 2014

Based on the rules of boxing, as soon as Manny taught WK to fight tall, he pretty much became unbeatable. The only guy in recent memory who would be able to beat him, in my opinion, is Lennox. And that would be a fairly close fight.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 16 Nov 2014

View Post9secondko, on 15 November 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

I watched a dominating victory by a very smart champion. One who showed skill, speed, power, and athleticism combined with a cagey ability to spoil his opponents offense.

Multiple dominating knockdowns. And that final hook. Awesome.

I wonder why it's called 'spoiling' the opponents offense with Vlad but when it comes to Ward it's called 'hugging'..

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 16 Nov 2014

Pulev seemed to demonstrate, if we didn't know already, that a fighter of comparable size can tag Klitschko clean. He can't clinch as effectively or pin his opponent's action with his reach as easily. Without the athleticism to hurt Klitschko with single shots, though, and without the defense to evade the retort, that size is in vain. Klitschko's chin isn't as vulnerable as it once seemed and his power in both hands appears legit. To me, there were clearly fighters in history that had the size and athleticism and defense to get to Klitschko.

I'm unsure if there's any around today, however. I'm not even sure there's any that have two of the three elements mentioned.

prophecy's Photo prophecy 16 Nov 2014

Yeah. I just don't see him losing to anyone unless he gets caught by something big. And I doubt anyone in the division today can hit him with bigger shit than Peters did. And he was a beast to have to keep off for 12 rounds.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 16 Nov 2014

Briggs MANE :lol: