←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Chris Algieri, In His Own Words: How I値l...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 15 Nov 2014

Chris Algieri, in his own words: How I’ll beat Manny Pacquiao

By Chris Algieri, New York Post

This is a first-person column by WBO light welterweight champion Chris Algieri of Huntington, Long Island, written as he closed training camp in Las Vegas and headed for Macau, China, where he fights Manny Pacquiao on Nov 22. As told to George Willis.

I’m a lot more excited to head out for Macau than I even expected. I really feel like the work is done. The strategy is set. I’ve been consistently able to perform and produce over and over in camp. I came into camp in great shape, so that was never an issue. Enacting a game plan and fine tuning everything was the whole point of my time in Las Vegas. I feel we’ve done that. My coaches are very happy with where we’re at. We’ve just got to get out there and handle business.

Zab Judah came in for several sparring sessions. That was great because Zab is extremely quick and a hard puncher, which helps when you’re fighting a guy like Manny Pacquiao. It’s also great to have another New Yorker in camp. For me, having a guy from Brooklyn come into camp changes the air. It was very refreshing when he was there with his crew. New York boxing is a lot of love and it’s a strong community. It was very cool having Zab in camp and we appreciated it....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON NY POST AT: http://nypost.com/20...manny-pacquiao/

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 15 Nov 2014

Having zab for a sparring partner must be where Algieris new extra confidence in his power has come from.