←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Oscar De La Hoya: 'time Is Now' Fo...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 16 Nov 2014

Oscar: 'Time is now' for Mares-Santa Cruz

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com
If Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya has his way -- and he sounded awfully confident -- fight fans will be treated to a featherweight showdown in 2015 between Abner Mares and Leo Santa Cruz, which could be one of the most fan-friendly fights that can be made.

"I'm looking for Abner Mares and Leo Santa Cruz to fight next year," De La Hoya told ESPN.com on Wednesday night. "That's the fight I want to do to. That's a helluva fight. I can see a trilogy. That's my main focus."

Mares is a former bantamweight, junior featherweight and featherweight titleholder. Since an upset first-round knockout loss to Jhonny Gonzalez that cost him his featherweight belt in August 2013, Mares has fought just once, a 10-round decision win against Jonathan Oquendo on July 12. Mares will be back in action on Dec. 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on the Devon Alexander-Amir Khan undercard....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN.COM AT: http://espn.go.com/b...ares-santa-cruz

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 16 Nov 2014

Mane wat bout Rigo u scary ass Mexicane

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 16 Nov 2014

My guess is, Al Haymon says no

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 16 Nov 2014

ShameLess, on 16 November 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

to big a risk for a little reward this man is not in big demand ya digs.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 17 Nov 2014

Santa Cruz by KO.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 17 Nov 2014

:lol: Really?

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 17 Nov 2014

Leo Santa Cruz:

“Yeah, of course I read that I’m cherry-picking; I should fight better opponents and like I said, I’m just here,” he told UCNLive a couple of weeks ago at the Robert Garcia Boxing Academy in Oxnard, where a media day was held for this event. “I fight whoever they tell me to; I’m not here to say who I want to fight. I’m just here to obey and if I have to fight whoever they tell me, I’ll fight whoever.”