←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Showbiz Las Vegas-style Boxing Event With...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 17 Nov 2014

Showbiz Las Vegas-style boxing event with Paulie Malignaggi planned for new year

• Nov 17, 2014 12:29
  • By Dianne Bourne

Vegas Fight Night planned for Event City in the new year with Paulie Malignaggi and showbiz stars at black tie dinner with four professional boxing bouts
A Las Vegas-style showbiz boxing night is being planned with American boxer Paul “Paulie” Malignaggi in the new year.
The black tie event will be a mix of professional boxing, live music, stage shows, charity fundraising and the chance to mix with sport and TV glitterati.

New Yorker Paulie, defeated by Manchester’s Ricky Hatton and Bolton’s Amir Khan during his career of only six losses and 33 wins, will jet in from the States especially for the occasion.

Since taking a back seat from pro boxing he has modelled for magazines, appeared in films and is a highly respected boxing pundit....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON THE MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS AT: http://www.mancheste...g-event-8121592

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 17 Nov 2014

Paulies a geezer, I'd like to see him get a job with sky.

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 18 Nov 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 17 November 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Paulies a geezer, I'd like to see him get a job with sky.

I am no fan of Malignaggi as a TV commentator.  Of course it is just my opinion.  I met him just before he turned Pro in NEW YORK.  He ate dinner with me, my wife and the late Johnny Bos after Bernard Hopkins vs. Keith Holmes.  Nice kid.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 19 Nov 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 18 November 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I am no fan of Malignaggi as a TV commentator.  Of course it is just my opinion.  I met him just before he turned Pro in NEW YORK.  He ate dinner with me, my wife and the late Johnny Bos after Bernard Hopkins vs. Keith Holmes.  Nice kid.
we'll swap you jim watt for him?

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 19 Nov 2014

I think he actually knows his shit, he's one of the very few commentators I tend to agree with.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 19 Nov 2014

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 19 November 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

I think he actually knows his shit, he's one of the very few commentators I tend to agree with.
knows the game inside out doesn't he?

He's achieved a lot considering he can't crack eggs.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 19 Nov 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 19 November 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

knows the game inside out doesn't he?

One of the very few boxers who can articulate what he actually wants to say, can't stand boxers who  try and sound clever and fail, Paulie can actually speak which is rare when your career has been taking blows to the head year after year.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 19 Nov 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 19 November 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

talented boxer.

never looked as sharp after that cotto fight.

really toughed it out that night.

cotto was brutal at 140. :mellow: