←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Liam Neeson Interview - Digs Into His Own...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 17 Nov 2014

Liam Neeson Digs Into His Own Boxing Past For 'Manny' Documentary, About Ring Legend Manny Pacquiao

The Huffington Post UK

Posted: 17/11/2014

Long before Liam Neeson became Hollywood's go-to star for an action man of a certain age, he was an aspiring Irish actor, who also happened to have a swift left jab in him. Now, as he narrates the documentary 'Manny' (available on DVD today), telling the intriguing story of one of boxing's all-time greats, Liam delves back into his youth as a keen boxer himself, and tells HuffPostUK about the lasting influence of the sport on his career, and why he still tries to watch a match whenever he can...

As a boxing fan you must have been thrilled when you were asked to narrate the Manny documentary…
Oh yes. I am a big boxing fan and certainly I am a Manny Pacquiao fan. I was delighted to do it. I watched it the other night and I thought it was lovely. It was almost like a Shakespearian story. There were so many things that I never knew, like when he takes the team to where his home was and where the rebels were firing guns and all the rest of it. I was, ‘My God, that’s tough.’

What sparked your own interest in boxing?
I was nine and was at mass one Sunday morning and our parish priest Father Darragh announced from the pulpit, ‘Listen, I am starting a boxing club on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7.30pm,’ or something like that. ‘Send your boys up!’....

READ THE FULL INTERVIEW ON HUFFINGTON POST AT: http://www.huffingto..._n_6170232.html