←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Dunfermline Boxer Gordon Brennan 'deva...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 17 Nov 2014

Dunfermline boxer Gordon Brennan 'devastated' by opponent's disappearing act

By Ross Hart

DUNFERMLINE boxer Gordon Brennan admits he was “devastated” after the final bout of his career ended before it had properly begun last Saturday. The Trench Boxing Club fighter had been scheduled to headline the SK Boxing Promotions ‘Raging Bull Fight Night Two’ event with David Taylor at the Alhambra as he prepared to pull off his gloves after 18 years in the ring.

However, Brennan’s opponent withdrew from the event just two days prior and Taylor’s Manchester-based club put forward Joe O’Hara – a veteran of more than 100 fights – to take on the local favourite instead. But soon after the opening bell for the fight O’Hara – who had been having issues with one of his shoes – left the ring to the bewilderment of Brennan, who was soon told by the match referee that the Englishman would not be returning.

Brennan told Press Sport, “It was pretty weird and I’m still not sure what the final reason was. He had slipped out of his shoe once and was fiddling about with it before I went to my corner but then I turned around and he was gone. I had been told that he was coming back so I got gloved up ready to go but...

READ FULL ARTICLE ON DUNFERMLINE PRESS AT: http://www.dunfermli...sappearing-act/

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 17 Nov 2014

D'oh!