←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

' Rocky' Sylvester Stallone In Chr...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 18 Nov 2014

'Rocky' Sylvester Stallone in Chris Algieri's corner

Action star is a huge fan of Manny Pacquiao's opponent and will be at the fight this weekend

17 November, 2014

Chris Algieri will have a powerful ally in his corner with Hollywood superstars Sylvester Stallone and his buddy Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to Macau for this weekend's Clash in Cotai II. Stallone, star of the Rocky, Rambo and Expendables movies, will be among the celebrities at the extravaganza that will see Filipino icon Manny Pacquiao put his World Boxing Association (WBO) welterweight title on the line against unbeaten Algieri at CotaiArena in Venetian Macao.

Stallone is a fan of the former world kickboxing champion Algieri, who hails from Long Island, New York, and made a surprise guest appearance at Algieri's final press conference in Los Angeles this month before the New Yorker left for Macau last Saturday. As for his fight against Manny Pacquiao, all I can say to you Chris is that great movies deserve great sequels.

"In my business, life imitates art. But in Chris' case, I think it's the other way around," said Stallone....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON CHINA MORNING POST AT: http://www.scmp.com/...algieris-corner

True Fist's Photo True Fist 18 Nov 2014

Stallone ready to put Algeri in a film should he win Saturday! :lol:

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 18 Nov 2014

Nah, he'll make a story about Algieri's life and then not pay him like he did with Wepner, hahaha

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 19 Nov 2014

Stallone is such a poser.

Remember when he did The Contender? :rolleyes:

Sugar Ray provided the expertise, whilst Sly stood around and reminded them he starred in The Rocky films. <_<  And providing such top notch advice as; "Always trade toe to toe with your opponent."