←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

How Many Ppv Buys Do You Think Algieri N P...

gdgills's Photo gdgills 18 Nov 2014

I was definitely thinking that this was going to be a PPV bomb initially.  It had all of the signs of doing Pac v. Rios numbers.  Unknown kid who lacks power.  It is in China basically to avoid paying US taxes which may turn off some "Muricans".  Generally PPV sales (by the event JB) have been down.

In reality I do see this as a testament to Top Rank's capabilities as a promoter.  If he can sell this fight by utilizing what this fight does bring to the table (there are a few things), then maybe he really is worth what he earns...maybe.  He certainly is pulling out all the stops promoting this fight.  For now I think this fight will do much better than I expected, and much better than Pac v Rios.  I can see it getting 600 -700k  what say you pounders?

Bourne's Photo Bourne 18 Nov 2014

5 million, i think.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 18 Nov 2014

PPV events based in countries outside the US traditionally do between 30-40% of the business they would if they fight was staged domestically.  I'm thinking around 450k.

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 18 Nov 2014

simba's Photo simba 18 Nov 2014

They're Pied Pipering the mass with a Pac/Floyd bout to sell this fight.  Still it'll probably be 475K-500K.

I didn't know who Algieri was until three months ago.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 18 Nov 2014

775k.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 18 Nov 2014

pacman wins algeiri takes a dive so floyd can face pacman lol :lol:

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Nov 2014

View Postbazooka, on 18 November 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

With Rios, they said all they needed was over 350k to make it a success.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 18 November 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

With Rios, they said all they needed was over 350k to make it a success.
What did that one sell?   I just think that with each fight, Pac's paper view™ numbers will decline unless its vs. another big name fighter.

View Postbazooka, on 18 November 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

What did that one sell?   I just think that with each fight, Pac's paper view™ numbers will decline unless its vs. another big name fighter.
Pac - Rios did 475k.  Pac - Timmy 2 did 750-800k.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 18 November 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Pac - Rios did 475k.  Pac - Timmy 2 did 750-800k.
Rios might not be a big name but the mexicanes do follow boxing.  No mexicane fighter here probably means quite a few less buys.

View Postbazooka, on 18 November 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Rios might not be a big name but the mexicanes do follow boxing.  No mexicane fighter here probably means quite a few less buys.
Not sure how much the Mexicans like Rios, and he was coming off a loss.  I'm thinking right about the same, slightly less.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 18 November 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Not sure how much the Mexicans like Rios, and he was coming off a loss.  I'm thinking right about the same, slightly less.
Does it always matter if they like him a lot?  He's a decent fighter, taking on one of the best in  the world.  The fight had potential to be entertaining.   That's usually enough to sell some ppv's.

View Postbazooka, on 18 November 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Does it always matter if they like him a lot?  He's a decent fighter, taking on one of the best in  the world.  The fight had potential to be entertaining.   That's usually enough to sell some ppv's.
Not much of a difference with this fight.  Pac is popular amongst the Mexicans himself.