←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Lucian Bute Injures Back In Training

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 19 Nov 2014

Lucian Bute injures back in training

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Former super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute suffered a back injury in training and withdrew Tuesday from a Dec. 6 light heavyweight fight against Roberto Bolonti at the Bell Centre in Montreal, where Bute is boxing's No. 1 star. In his first fight working with trainer Freddie Roach, Bute spent almost two months preparing with him in the Philippines, where Roach was also training Manny Pacquiao for his welterweight title defense against Chris Algieri on Saturday night. Bute traveled with Roach to Macau, where Pacquiao will fight, to continue training and suffered the injury.

InterBox promoter Jean Bedard announced that while Bute-Bolonti is off, the card will go on with former light heavyweight champion and Quebec star Jean Pascal having his co-featured bout against Donovan George elevated to the main event. The full extent of Bute's injury is unknown. Bedard said Bute was on his way back to Montreal from Macau and would see a doctor when he returns.

"Even though it's sad news for Lucian and his fans, the Dec. 6th gala is important for Jean Pascal's future and the world of boxing," Bedard said...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...roberto-bolonti

jlc80's Photo jlc80 19 Nov 2014

Retire. Froch took his heart.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 19 Nov 2014

Won't be surprised if we never see this guy again.  Ward should have taken that easy money and that '0' before he gave them to Froch.

johnnyblaze, on 19 November 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Won't be surprised if we never see this guy again.  Ward should have taken that easy money and that '0' before he gave them to Froch.

Ward should have done a lot of things. :lol: :angry2:

jlc80, on 19 November 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ward should have done a lot of things. :lol: :angry2:
Hater!

prophecy's Photo prophecy 19 Nov 2014

Yeah man, he was spooked of Lucian after dominating the Super Six

prophecy, on 19 November 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yeah man, he was spooked of Lucian after dominating the Super Six
No one said that.  He should have pursued that fight immediately after the Super Six, in Canada.  They could have made a ton of dough for a very easy fight.

Instead:

"To be perfectly honest, no disrespect to Bute and his team, but they've sat back and they've fought B-level and C-level guys and he did what he was supposed to do," said Ward, failing to grasp that Bute wasn't invited to the Super Six and had no A-level opponents available to him. "He stopped them and he's gotten them out of there. But he's just been sitting back, waiting, while we've been fighting for the past two and a half years against top-level competition.

"So I don't have to go to Lucian Bute right now," Ward said. "We're going to sit back and I'm going to rest and we'll see what's next. I'm open for a Mikkel Kessler clash. I would love to get that rematch and settle that score, since he feels like it wasn't a legitimate victory [in the opening round of the tournament]. Going up to light heavyweight for the right fight -- not to campaign up there, but for the right fight -- is an option. So we've just got to sit back and see what makes sense. I think I earned the right to pick the right fight for the right price."

Then he made this brilliant suggestion:

"That's a tremendous fight for Carl because I know Carl doesn't like Bute," Ward said. "To be perfectly honest, I think Bute has to beat somebody. I'm just gonna be frank with you: He has to beat somebody, an A-level guy, to get a shot. We'll sit back and talk as a team, but off the top of my head, he has to beat somebody. You can't sit back and just take your time while everyone else is working hard and you come in and get the same pay that everyone else gets. It don't work like that. This is a sport, but we also use our brains for business, and we'll sit down and make a solid business decision."

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 19 Nov 2014

johnnyblaze, on 19 November 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Then he made this brilliant suggestion:

"That's a tremendous fight for Carl because I know Carl doesn't like Bute," Ward said. "To be perfectly honest, I think Bute has to beat somebody. I'm just gonna be frank with you: He has to beat somebody, an A-level guy, to get a shot. We'll sit back and talk as a team, but off the top of my head, he has to beat somebody. You can't sit back and just take your time while everyone else is working hard and you come in and get the same pay that everyone else gets. It don't work like that. This is a sport, but we also use our brains for business, and we'll sit down and make a solid business decision."
Obviously that didn't happen.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 19 Nov 2014

MANE :lol: Ward don't stand a chance around here till him fights again cuz.

ShameLess, on 19 November 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

MANE :lol: Ward don't stand a chance around here till him fights again cuz.
This is a 'what have you done for me lately' sport.  Lately, Dre hasn't done sh1t.  And by lately, I mean in the last year.  12 months.  Nothing.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 19 Nov 2014

johnnyblaze, on 19 November 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

This is a 'what have you done for me lately' sport.  Lately, Dre hasn't done sh1t.  And by lately, I mean in the last year.  12 months.  Nothing.
MANE me agree him needs to fight wasting talent

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 19 Nov 2014

johnnyblaze, on 19 November 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

He must really love his commentating gig.

johnnyblaze, on 19 November 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Hater!

:D

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 19 Nov 2014

he's not in great demand he fought other champs left overs froch exposed him as a fraud. then jean pascal spanked him after loss to hopkins so yeah