←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Andre Dirrell Vs. Derek Edwards Bout On De...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 19 Nov 2014

Dirrell-Edwards bout on Dec. 19

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Super middleweight Andre Dirrell will face Derek Edwards in a world title elimination bout on Dec. 19 at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City, Showtime announced on Tuesday.

The fight will serve as the Showtime-televised co-feature on a quadrupleheader headlined by light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (24-1, 20 KOs) in a title defense against Dmitry Sukhotsky (22-2, 16 KOs).

"I'm excited to be back on the fast track and I'm ready to show that this is definitely where I belong," said Dirrell, who will be fighting for the third time in five months after having had only two fights between his 11th-round disqualification victory (in which he was injured) against Arthur Abraham in March 2010 and last July. "It takes time to move back to the top, but I like to improve myself each time I step into the gym. I almost feel like I've been overworking myself in the gym to prove that I'm back. But I feel like I'm there and ready for a title shot, and when the time comes to prove that I'm ready, I won't leave any doubt."...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...limination-bout

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 19 Nov 2014

Mane Dirrell taking a couple tune ups fight before him beats up 3G next December cuz