←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Zou Wins Before Home Crowd On Pacquiao Und...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 23 Nov 2014

Zou wins before home crowd on Pacquiao undercard

By TIM DAHLBERG (AP Boxing Writer) - Yahoo Sports

MACAU (AP) -- Zou Shiming treated the home crowd to an entertaining win Sunday, knocking down Kwanpichit Onesongchaigym three times on his way to a foul-plagued unanimous decision on the undercard of the Manny Pacquiao-Chris Algieri title fight.

The Olympic gold medalist dominated the fight most of the way, but his Thai opponent never stopped coming forward and the two engaged in some good exchanges late in the fight that had the sellout crowd cheering at the final bell.

Fighting for only the sixth time as a pro, Zou was cut over his left eye by an apparent head butt in the middle rounds and had to deal with an opponent who tried everything he could to overcome a talent and strength advantage. Zou's left eye was nearly swollen at the end of the bout and he looked worse than Kwanpichit, though he won by a lopsided margin on the three ringside scorecards.

''My eye really bothered me but I fought through it,'' Zou said. ''It was...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE BY TIM DAHLBERG (AP) ON YAHOO SPORTS AT: http://sports.yahoo....52033--box.html

Danko's Photo Danko 23 Nov 2014

Zou stinks

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 24 Nov 2014

View PostDanko, on 23 November 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Zou stinks
king of boring

neveroutboxed's Photo neveroutboxed 24 Nov 2014

Not sure if he's just choosing to coast, but if he continues with this style I see him getting layed out like Amir Khan against better comp.

AntonioMartin's Photo AntonioMartin 24 Nov 2014

Is that the Chinese guy that HBO has been advertising and won a world title in only his third bout??

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 24 Nov 2014

View PostAntonioMartin, on 24 November 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

Is that the Chinese guy that HBO has been advertising and won a world title in only his third bout??
um maybe and ya he is beyond boring

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 24 Nov 2014

View Postboxadore, on 24 November 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

um maybe and ya he is beyond boring
You missed his fight Saturday?  Wasn't boring at all.