←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Manny Pacquiao Dominates Algieri

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 23 Nov 2014

Manny Pacquiao dominates Algieri

Updated: November 23, 2014, 12:33 PM ETBy Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Manny Pacquiao defeated Chris Algieri by unanimous decision to retain his WBO world welterweight title.

The great Manny Pacquiao did everything he could possibly do against Chris Algieri other than get a knockout in a one-sided thrashing to retain his welterweight world title. Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division titleholder, scored six knockdowns and dominated virtually every minute of the fight to win a lopsided unanimous decision before a sold-out crowd of 13,201 on Sunday at the Venetian Macao's Cotai Arena in Macau. Now the only question remaining in his legendary career is whether he will ever get fellow welterweight champion and pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. to agree to fight him after years of the biggest fight in boxing going unmade, mainly due to Mayweather's reluctance.

"The people deserve that fight. The fans deserve that fight," Pacquiao said at the post-fight news conference. "It's time to make that fight happen. It's been a long time. I want that fight. They're always denying the fight. I think the fight has to happen."...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://espn.go.com/b...terweight-title

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 23 Nov 2014

Time for Floyd.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 23 Nov 2014

View Post9secondko, on 23 November 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Time for Floyd.
You'd have to be put on suicide watch after that fight.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 23 Nov 2014

View Postbazooka, on 23 November 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Or you will.

Heck even your favorite YouTube guy thought algieri would do better than Bradley and Marquez. Lol

Now... Silence.

While floyds best chance at victory is definitely now, I suspect Manny is going to surprise lot of people with how easy he handles Floyd.

simba's Photo simba 23 Nov 2014

View Post9secondko, on 23 November 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Or you will.

Heck even your favorite YouTube guy thought algieri would do better than Bradley and Marquez. Lol

Now... Silence.

While floyds best chance at victory is definitely now, I suspect Manny is going to surprise lot of people with how easy he handles Floyd.
wow :lol:

bazooka's Photo bazooka 23 Nov 2014

Or you will.

Now... Silence.

:lol:   you're such a stupid douche

neveroutboxed's Photo neveroutboxed 24 Nov 2014

Or you will.

Now... Silence.

Really? Manny is going to get repeatedly countered by straight rights and left hooks...Manny will get cut and go down a few times with Freddie eventually throwing in the towel lol!

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 24 Nov 2014

View Postneveroutboxed, on 24 November 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

Really? Manny is going to get repeatedly countered by straight rights and left hooks...Manny will get cut and go down a few times with Freddie eventually throwing in the towel lol!

Manny will be the first guy to stop floyd mayweather. Too many punches from too many angles. Combinations that will continue when floyd thinks it's counter time.

View Post9secondko, on 24 November 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

Manny will be the first guy to stop floyd mayweather. Too many punches from too many angles. Combinations that will continue when floyd thinks it's counter time.

Like Manny did with Marquez LOL?

View Postneveroutboxed, on 24 November 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Like Manny did with Marquez LOL?

Floyd snd JMM are two very different fighters. And southpaws are anathema to floyd.

View Post9secondko, on 24 November 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Floyd snd JMM are two very different fighters. And southpaws are anathema to floyd.

Yeah, Floyd is different = better in every single way!

Whatever you say muchumo :)

View Postneveroutboxed, on 24 November 2014 - 03:28 AM, said:

Whatever you say muchumo :)

Ok... Well now I understand your mental capacity.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 24 Nov 2014

View Postbazooka, on 23 November 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

maybe for floyd mayweather?

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 24 Nov 2014

View Postbazooka, on 23 November 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

:lol:   you're such a stupid douche
you not that mind either farm girl

AntonioMartin's Photo AntonioMartin 24 Nov 2014

I haven't seen the fight but I have to say I have gained total respect for Algieri....first; for a kid who lived in the Hamptons, or whatever luxury neighborhood it is he is from, to pick up boxing and excel enough to win one of the recognized belts....I mean he was probably handled his breakfast in bed his entire life and had others clean up for him and so. Then to get up SIX times and have the will to not quit on his stool and take the punishment, however that was dealt, all the way to the end of round 12....I think he's got heart!