←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Roach: I'm Watching Tape To Prepare Fo...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 24 Nov 2014

Roach: I'm watching tape to prepare for a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight
By Kevin Iole - Yahoo Sports

MACAU -- Freddie Roach has spent the better part of the latter three months preparing Manny Pacquiao to face Chris Algieri. But Roach also reserved a bit of that time to watch some video of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Roach said not long after Pacquiao's dominant victory over Algieri Saturday before 13,202 fans at Cotai Arena that he is at least guardedly optimistic a bout with Mayweather, the pound-for-pound king, may occur next year.

Roach said he facilitated a summer meeting at Arum's Beverly Hills, Calif., home between the veteran promoter and Leslie Moonves, the chairman of CBS Corp., in the hopes of them arranging a fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather. Roach said Moonves was angry at Arum because Arum had promised Moonves that Pacquiao would fight three times on Showtime and he only fought once....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON YAHOO SPORTS AT: http://sports.yahoo....-074924582.html

jlc80's Photo jlc80 24 Nov 2014

He's been doing this for the past 6 years :lol:

diamondsmuggler's Photo diamondsmuggler 24 Nov 2014

roach has shown a total inability to adapt

as pac gets older he's getting increasingly tagged by the straight right...with mayweather it would be all over

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 24 Nov 2014

Cant prepare to face Floyd. He has plan A,B,C,D,E............................ He will adjust in between rounds and even during exchanges. You cant prepare enough for Floyd.

Maybe there is a reason Pac and Cotto didnt face Floyd during his prime.

Floyd if you are reading this.......Make the fight and seal your legacy.

boxing#1's Photo boxing#1 24 Nov 2014

Roach facilitated all of this? It took Roach to get Arum and Moonves together, but nothing like this could be done for the other 4+ years?! LOL    I guess kind of like Roach originally said on camera that Pac would take any tests that Floyd wanted, then days later said Pac wouldn't concede to Floyd's demands. Excuse me if I call BS.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 24 Nov 2014

View Postboxing#1, on 24 November 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Roach facilitated all of this? It took Roach to get Arum and Moonves together, but nothing like this could be done for the other 4+ years?! LOL    I guess kind of like Roach originally said on camera that Pac would take any tests that Floyd wanted, then days later said Pac wouldn't concede to Floyd's demands. Excuse me if I call BS.
MANE Ariza all ready told y'all niggas it be Manny fault dey ain't had da fight ane him said Mayweather offered him good deal before ane Freddy r r ra roach said dey fucked up da first deal deez niggas just hate Mayweather cuz.  Pick Mane could say he ducked Mayweather ane niggas would steal blames Floyd ya digs :lol:

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 25 Nov 2014

This sortnof kills that notion that Manny only calls out Floyd when fight is set.  Manny just finished fighting and Floyd has not fight set.  i expect a "i knew nothing about Manny wanted to fight me " response.  Expect the "all roads lead to Mayweather speech."

people are talking about this fight like it might happen

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 25 Nov 2014

View Post1hitrquitr, on 25 November 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

This sortnof kills that notion that Manny only calls out Floyd when fight is set.  Manny just finished fighting and Floyd has not fight set.  i expect a "i knew nothing about Manny wanted to fight me " response.  Expect the "all roads lead to Mayweather speech."

people are talking about this fight like it might happen

Yes, yes they are. Are those people foolish? Or are those that disagree merely jaded? I dunno the answer, really.