←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Mickey Rourke Returns To Boxing In Moscow...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 26 Nov 2014

Mickey Rourke returns to boxing in Moscow exhibition

After months of training, the actor says he's ready to take on an opponent more than half his age.

After more than 20 years, actor Mickey Rourke is getting back in the boxing ring.

The 62-year-old, who had a notable career as both an amateur and a professional boxer, will go up against 29-year-old Elliott Seymour on Nov. 28 in Moscow.

"Boxing is a serious part of my life," Rourke was quoted by promoters as saying. "It taught me respect and determination, patience and concentration. I always dreamed of fighting a match in Russia."

To prep for the match, Rourke turned to friend and boxing trainer Freddie Roach, a legendary coach who has trained 27 world champions. According to sources, the actor reportedly lost over 33 pounds while getting back into fighting shape.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE MNN.COM ON AT: http://www.mnn.com/l...scow-exhibition

rayajr's Photo rayajr 26 Nov 2014

will anyone be doing the round by round for this one?

Chance's Photo Chance 27 Nov 2014

I didn't realize his career was notable.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 27 Nov 2014

He's 62.

He was roiding up for a while in his movies.

At 62... He's dropping 33 lbs? He's not on his 20's.

He will lose all muscle.

Probably looking at a chris Byrd, brian minto, or james Toney type of scenario after those guys lost tons of weight rapidly and had disastrous results.

And this guy is old. Going to be a nightmare. Unless he borrowed some hgh from Stallone...

Hopefully he doesn't need even more plastic surgery after the fight.

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 27 Nov 2014

One of my fav actors and one of the dirtiest fighters I have seen in the ring.

RickS's Photo RickS 28 Nov 2014

Someone should investigate this "commission" for sanctioning his fight.  I guarantee his opponent goes down way too easy.

bignell07's Photo bignell07 28 Nov 2014

Fight is about to start. Mickey looks in great physical shape but hope his face holds up after all that plastic surgery. Don't understand why he wants to do this I just hope he safely gets through it without permanent damage.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 28 Nov 2014

Will this fight be PPV?

bignell07's Photo bignell07 28 Nov 2014

The fight is over mickey won by knock out 2nd or 3rd round  that shit was clearly fixed !!!

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 28 Nov 2014

Rourke called out Mayweather and Mayweather tweeted that he'll be making a poll with Mickey on it.

Floyd is going to give the fans the fight they want.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 29 Nov 2014

SuperiorKnowledge, on 28 November 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Rourke called out Mayweather and Mayweather tweeted that he'll be making a poll with Mickey on it.

Floyd is going to give the fans the fight they want.

hahaha

Floyds at least thought of it.

That way he can have a moral victory over a Freddie roach trained fighter.