←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Pacquiao: "i'm Going To Sell"...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 27 Nov 2014

Pacquiao to sell Manila mansion after rich neighbours complain

Philippine boxing champion Manny Pacquiao waves to his fans during his victory parade in Manila on November …
World boxing champion Manny Pacquiao said Thursday he would sell his mansion in one of the Philippine capital's swankiest areas after his neighbours complained of his visitors wearing shabby clothing. Pacquiao told AFP that as a "man of the masses", he is not finicky with his visitors, even if they are wearing "just shorts and slippers".

The boxer's rags-to-riches story, from being a fish vendor in his hometown to winning world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, has made him wildly popular in the Philippines. He used his boxing fame to get elected to Congress in 2010 and like many wealthy Filipino politicians, he frequently has to meet with constituents asking for hand-outs and favours. Pacquiao said he would buy a new house where he could accomodate more visitors, who are mostly seeking financial assistance.

"If there's somebody who is willing to buy, I'm going to sell it," Pacquiao said of the Manila property, which he acquired for 400 million pesos ($9 million) in 2011....

RED THE FULL ARTICLE BY THE AFP VIA YAHOO AT: http://news.yahoo.co...-000929468.html

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 27 Nov 2014

Sounds like a people's person.

fourtheboys96's Photo fourtheboys96 27 Nov 2014

View Postraghavan1, on 27 November 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Sounds like a people's person.

He really is. He is a generous person to a fault. Financially abused probably.

He flew to Macao the family who adopted him when he first arrived in Manila when he was 16.
HE gives money to retired Filipino boxers.

I've heard his wife is the one who keeps check on all his spending and earnings.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Nov 2014

gotta love manny a peoples champ and a guy who really loves people. god bless him

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 28 Nov 2014

Why doesn't just get his chicken bone worshipping mum to put a curse on the bastards.  

Posted Image

No wonder his neighbours complained, bet they complained about this crazy bitch hanging around or his dog eating dad.

What a bunch of scruffy weirdo tramps.

RickS's Photo RickS 28 Nov 2014

View Postfourtheboys96, on 27 November 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

He really is. He is a generous person to a fault. Financially abused probably.

He flew to Macao the family who adopted him when he first arrived in Manila when he was 16.
HE gives money to retired Filipino boxers.

I've heard his wife is the one who keeps check on all his spending and earnings.

Someone has to.  Remember he was almost broke when Freddie took over as trainer.  He convinced Manny to dump his shady management who were basically ripping him off.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 29 Nov 2014

View Postboxadore, on 28 November 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

gotta love manny a peoples champ and a guy who really loves people. god bless him

+1

dazzler's Photo dazzler 29 Nov 2014

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 28 November 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

Why doesn't just get his chicken bone worshipping mum to put a curse on the bastards.  

Posted Image

No wonder his neighbours complained, bet they complained about this crazy bitch hanging around or his dog eating dad.

What a bunch of scruffy weirdo tramps.

I though you were a New Age Wizard yourself Rocky?

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 29 Nov 2014

View Postdazzler, on 29 November 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

I though you were a New Age Wizard yourself Rocky?

Even if I was, I still wouldn't be acting like that at a boxing fight.