←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

In Crawford's Case, The Talent Makes The Man

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 27 Nov 2014

In Crawford's case, the talent makes the man

By Lyle Fitzsimmons | CBSSports.com
November 26, 2014

Truth told, the Terence Crawford entourage could probably use a wardrobe stylist. But when it's come to handling matters in the ring, the group's unbeaten 27-year-old namesake has yet to run into a challenge he's not been able to deal with all by himself.

A pro since March 2008 who became a champion almost exactly six years later, Crawford will risk both his World Boxing Organization (WBO) lightweight title belt and his standing as one of the sport's premier young stars when he faces No. 1 challenger Ray Beltran atop a two-bout HBO card Saturday night.

“They're going to bring 110 percent, 120 percent that night. My job is to bring 200 percent to make sure I keep my title,” said a confident, albeit sartorially-challenged, Crawford at Wednesday's final pre-fight press conference -- while somehow decked out in a knit hat, long-sleeved plaid button-down shirt and high-top sneakers....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON CBC SPORTS AT:  http://www.cbssports...t-makes-the-man

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Nov 2014

I hate to say it but crawford is hype job that beat a cuban guy who had not fought in a long time. plus was the smaller guy. crawford was getting owned until the smaller cuban tired.

Chance's Photo Chance 28 Nov 2014

I think Crawford is the goods

RickS's Photo RickS 28 Nov 2014

Crawford has the goods.  Smart fighter who is willing to take a chance.  He will school Beltran.

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 28 Nov 2014

beltran is a gatekeeper so Im not convinced we gonna get any answers about crawford.  Its anazing what one win does for you.  i was never sold on the Gamboa fight.  Ill wait til I see more from Crawford before I start thinking this guy is good and The Beltran fight isnt gonna do it.

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 28 Nov 2014

View Post1hitrquitr, on 28 November 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

beltran is a gatekeeper so Im not convinced we gonna get any answers about crawford.  Its anazing what one win does for you.  i was never sold on the Gamboa fight.  Ill wait til I see more from Crawford before I start thinking this guy is good and The Beltran fight isnt gonna do it.

We will find out soon enough.  He is moving to 140 after this fight.

Chance's Photo Chance 29 Nov 2014

Crawford vs Broner!

True Fist's Photo True Fist 29 Nov 2014

Crawford has talent. Top Rank has been bringing him along nicely and his skills are evolving with each fight. He's a busy fighter that can adapt well, switch hit, and has got a decent chin with some good power. I'm looking forward to another showcase fight tonight coming off that spectacular tko over Gamboa.

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 29 Nov 2014

Should be a great fight.  Beltran is a true lt weight,  not a blown up feather.  Technically he's a good fighter and applys good pressure.  Also that title should be his, he beat Burns more convincing,  had him on the run.  I'm taking Crawford in a decision,  but it'll be tough and he'll take his lumps.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 29 Nov 2014

View PostChance, on 29 November 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

Crawford vs Broner!
I like it. Ill take broner in that matchup. Not sure why though.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 29 Nov 2014

View PostStinky Nuts, on 29 November 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

Crawford is so good that I'm battling not even watching the fight tonight because I know Beltran has no shot at all.
Holy shit!  You're not dumping on him???   You're usually one of the many who never give the young guns any credit unless they're from near you.

the_hater's Photo the_hater 29 Nov 2014

View Postbazooka, on 29 November 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Holy shit!  You're not dumping on him???   You're usually one of the many who never give the young guns any credit unless they're from near you.

that just means he can't find a good link to steal

View PostStinky Nuts, on 29 November 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

That's not true. Andre Ward lives near me? I don't think so. I think Crawford will beat Mayweather if they ever fight.
Yeah well Andre Ward is 1) a religious nut and 2) wasn't really a young gun over the last couple years.  He's almost 31 and has been proven for several years now.  When he was a young gun and unproven, you weren't posting here.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 29 Nov 2014

View PostStinky Nuts, on 29 November 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

That's bull. I was the first one in here talking about him. I talked about him being a future star while he was in the Olympics. I was also the only one here that said he would win the Super Six Tournament. Did you forget my alias "Andre Ward Fan"? That was years ago.
You're a lying sack of shiit.

View PostStinky Nuts, on 29 November 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

That's bull. I was the first one in here talking about him. I talked about him being a future star while he was in the Olympics. I was also the only one here that said he would win the Super Six Tournament. Did you forget my alias "Andre Ward Fan"? That was years ago.
I remember what's his name....the Pacquiao fan from Oakland who talked him up.  You?  Nope