←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Sergey Kovalev Vs Jean Pascal Under Discus...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 27 Nov 2014

Kovalev-Pascal under discussion

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Following his one-sided thrashing of the great Bernard Hopkins in a three-belt light heavyweight unification fight on Nov. 8, Sergey Kovalev returned to his home in Los Angeles to meet his newborn son, Aleksandr.

Kovalev was deep in training camp for the fight when his wife, Natalia, gave birth. He didn’t want to break camp and waited until after the fight to meet the baby. Kovalev returned home with two more title belts to add to his collection and jumped into fatherhood, changing diapers and all.

“I already lost track of how many diapers,” Kovalev said. “Beating Hopkins is a little bit more dangerous than changing diapers, but he peed on my hand when I changed him. It is most important to be here with my family.”...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN.COM AT: http://espn.go.com/b...nder-discussion

ATLien's Photo ATLien 27 Nov 2014

Wouldn't have a problem with this bout at all.  Would probably prefer to see a Kov vs Stevenson.  Kinda wanted Stevenson vs Pascal as well but I think they kinda had that Hatian luv for each other and don't really want to fight each other.  Any combo of those 3 guys I'd be down with though.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 27 Nov 2014

View PostATLien, on 27 November 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Wouldn't have a problem with this bout at all.  Would probably prefer to see a Kov vs Stevenson.  Kinda wanted Stevenson vs Pascal as well but I think they kinda had that Hatian luv for each other and don't really want to fight each other.  Any combo of those 3 guys I'd be down with though.

I thought Pascal was wanting that fight when he was at the Fonfara scrap. Stevenson was steered away yet again I believe.

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 27 Nov 2014

View PostATLien, on 27 November 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

There was no Haitian love. Pascal wanted that fight and Stevenson rejected.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 27 Nov 2014

View PostTrue Fist, on 27 November 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I thought Pascal was wanting that fight when he was at the Fonfara scrap. Stevenson was steered away yet again I believe.
Didn't see it so you could be right.  My point of reference was when they were both shown in the ring one time and pretty much skirted the issue of fighting each other were pumping up the Haitian influence on the LH title. I believe this was after Pascal spanked Bute.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 28 Nov 2014

Stevenson was gaining momentum.

Now, after ducking a couple fights, I think the momentum has shifted. Haymon isn't doing Adonis any favors by steering him the easy route.

But kovalev pascal would be good. Pascal likes to punch and is explosive. His speed may trouble Sergey a little. But Krusher will find his chin softer than hopkins.

I think kovalev stops him in an entertaining fight.

Krusher surprised with a lot of new wrinkles in his game and a maturity and patience that is rare vs. hopkins.

I don't think there is much pascal can do with that.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Nov 2014

View PostSuperiorKnowledge, on 27 November 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

There was no Haitian love. Pascal wanted that fight and Stevenson rejected.
though pascal has showed he is a very decent fighter with wins over dawson and bute oh and a close bout with froch. he lost to old hopkins which seems like a real bad lose for a young fighter. I mean the russian showed hopkins what time it is. time to quit and let the youngs fight.

fourtheboys96's Photo fourtheboys96 28 Nov 2014

The way Kovalev handled Hopkins means Pascal has no chance other than catching Kovalev out cold. But then again Pascal isn't a one punch KO artist.
Against Hopkins, Kovalev showed he has boxing skills which fans overlooked because of his KO record (same with GGG).

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Nov 2014

View Postfourtheboys96, on 28 November 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

The way Kovalev handled Hopkins means Pascal has no chance other than catching Kovalev out cold. But then again Pascal isn't a one punch KO artist.
Against Hopkins, Kovalev showed he has boxing skills which fans overlooked because of his KO record (same with GGG).
good post

jlc80's Photo jlc80 30 Nov 2014

I think Kov might find it a little more difficult to control the distance with Jean since he is a lot more awkward and unconventional than Hops with more speed at this point. He still should win but I think Jean has his moments.