←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Chisora Needs Break From Boxing, Says Coac...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 01 Dec 2014

Chisora needs break from boxing, says coach Charles

ESPNDecember 1, 2014

Dereck Chisora's coach Don Charles believes the British heavyweight should stay away from boxing and consider his future after he "failed to get out of first gear" during his crushing defeat at the hands of Tyson Fury at the ExCeL Arena.

Fury claimed the European heavyweight title and regained the British belt with a dominant display over 10 rounds against Chisora before Charles threw in the towel, a decision he admitted to ESPN he had considered as early as the fifth round. And Charles, who has worked with former world title contender Chisora for over a decade, reiterated that his time as the Londoner's coach may be up in the wake of a defeat he had feared was on the cards on the day of the fight.

"When we got into the venue, I picked something up," Charles told Buncey's Boxing Podcast. "The ring walk, I also picked something up there. And in the second round I realised something was drastically wrong. There was a sense of panic in his eyes.

READ FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN AT: http://www.espn.co.u...pIisGadJFFvx.99

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 01 Dec 2014

No great loss...

mike john's Photo mike john 01 Dec 2014

i expect to see him back in the ring when joshua is ready to step up

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 02 Dec 2014

Looked like the guy took a dive.

Not a shot fighter.

Just didn't even try to do anything at all

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 02 Dec 2014

he's the next sprott

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 02 Dec 2014

He's was feeling very sorry for himself as early as the second round I thought.

I never brought into him being this huge threat, I thought he'd looked shakey since the kilt fight. Just well manuveured to the euro.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Dec 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 02 December 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

He's was feeling very sorry for himself as early as the second round I thought.

I never brought into him being this huge threat, I thought he'd looked shakey since the kilt fight. Just well manuveured to the euro.

Remember when people thought he'd beat Haye? :lol: