Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 04 Dec 2014

Lemieux: 'I'm an all or nothing guy'

Exciting Canadian middleweight faces Gabriel Rosado on Saturday in Brooklyn

By Brian Campbell | ESPN.com

Lemieux-Rosado

Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY.
When: Saturday, 10 p.m. ET/PT
TV: HBO
David Lemieux (32-2, 30 KOs), once a bright middleweight prospect, has successfully rebuilt himself from a pair of shocking 2011 defeats with seven straight victories. He'll enter likely his toughest test to date Saturday when he headlines the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, against Gabriel Rosado (HBO, 10 p.m. ET/PT).

Known for his power and aggressive style, Lemieux appears headed toward big things should he get past the savvy and tough Rosado (21-8, 13 KOs). Despite a record of 0-3 with one no contest in his last four fights, Rosado has looked tough against the likes of Gennady Golovkin, J'Leon Love and Peter Quillin.

Lemieux, 25, caught up with ESPN.com last week to talk about Rosado, the middleweight division and much more.

How have you been able to build such a strong following and connection with your fans in Montreal?
I always bring my maximum to the city and put on a great show. They love power punchers, and they love knockouts. I hold the Canadian record for most consecutive knockouts. Slowly they started to like my style of fighting, and now it's catching on worldwide. Hopefully on [Saturday] the Americans will find the same feeling about me as my fans in Montreal have for me.

Were there any fighters coming up that you emulated your style after?
Not really. I was never really a big boxing fan or ever really watched a lot of fights. But I really like the old-school fighters like Sugar Ray Robinson and Joe Louis and those throwback kinds of fighters. But I never really had somebody where I could say I followed their style. The way I fight is the way I have fought since the beginning. I was always an aggressive fighter coming forward and a heavy hitter who likes to get the job done....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN.COM AT: http://espn.go.com/b...1973600/all-guy