←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Exclusive: Carl Froch Denies James Degale...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 04 Dec 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Carl Froch rules out showdown with DeGale and eyes up Las Vegas bout

CARL FROCH has ruled out a showdown in 2015 with James DeGale as he insists he will either fight in Las Vegas next - or not fight at all.

December 4, 2014
By Niall Hickman

The IBF and WBA world super middleweight champion is digging his heels in, adamant that he has no intention of facing Londoner DeGale, who a fortnight ago labelled Froch a "coward" for refusing to face him in the ring. Froch, though, has his eyes set on a clash with Mexican legend Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and despite DeGale's recent winning run he does not want to give the former Olympic champion a "massive payday". Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn is trying to seal a deal with Chavez's advisor Al Haymon, but the clock is ticking and Froch, who turns 38 in July, could hang up his gloves if negotiations break down.

Froch, who has not boxed since his defeat of George Groves in May at Wembley, said: "Eddie has been talking to Chavez's people. At the moment it is still only talk, but nothing else other than a fight with Chavez in Las Vegas really interests me.

"I'm enjoying spending more time with my family and mentally I have switched off. I had a great, memorable night at Wembley when I got Groves off my back by completely destroying him and now I'm at ease with whatever happens...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON THE EXPRESS uk AT: http://www.express.c...ot-James-DeGale

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 05 Dec 2014

DeGale will end up fighting Groves again.