←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Anthony Joshua Ponders His Options As Brit...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 06 Dec 2014

Anthony Joshua ponders his options as British boxing’s next big thing

By Kevin Mitchell

Quiet man would prefer to fight Chisora or Haye next, but in the meantime he is taking his gumshield with him on holiday to Cuba. Anthony Joshua might one day be as big as Frank “Bomber” Bruno but his demeanour is quietly at odds with the volume his sport usually generates.

The unbeaten heavyweight could be Britain’s first world champion since David “Hayemaker” Haye slipped from view two years ago and, at 25, he could go on to establish a distinguished reign – maybe even on a par with his chess master and hero, Lennox “The Lion” Lewis – when boxing’s premier division eventually loses its 38-year-old king, Wladimir “Dr Steelhammer” Klitschko.

Joshua doesn’t even have a ring name, just plain old Anthony. And, unlike Bruno, Haye or the eccentric Tyson Fury – and a good deal more like Lewis – the quietly spoken Joshua has no catchphrase or schtick, and no gimmicks, save an ability to knock people out. So, when his next opponent, the accomplished Kevin “Kingpin” Johnson, goaded him on Wednesday to bet half his purse on a knockout, he replied politely: “I don’t play with my money.”...

READ THE FULL STORY ON THE GUARDIAN

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 07 Dec 2014

I prefer that. If you're doing your talking in the ring, everybody will see how good you are. No need to keep going on about it, or reminding everybody how good you are. Makes you seem less confident than you should be if you continually beg for fan support.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 07 Dec 2014

BoxingFan, on 07 December 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

I'm competing in the annual Croydon pie eating championship, I've been champion 3 years in a row because I'm a big fat fucker, please support me.

No... :sleep:

Menty's Photo Menty 07 Dec 2014

:lol: :lol: