←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

David Lemieux Defeats Rosado

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 07 Dec 2014

David Lemieux defeats Rosado

Updated: December 7, 2014, 3:04 AM ET
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

NEW YORK -- If the fight was an audition for a major middleweight bout -- perhaps a summer 2015 showdown with titleholder Gennady Golovkin -- David Lemieux aced it. Lemieux put on a powerful display in an exciting action fight against Gabriel Rosado and scored a 10th-round knockout Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Lemieux, making his HBO debut, is viewed by the network as a possible 2015 opponent for the power-hitting Golovkin, who is under contract with the network, and the performance against Rosado should get people interested.

Lemieux-Rosado punch stats
Lemieux Rosado -- Courtesy of CompuBox Landed 227 142 Thrown 621 398 Pct 37 36
Lemieux (33-2, 31 KOs), 25, of Montreal, who was making his United States debut, was aggressive, threw hard punches, took good shots and dominated Rosado, who was in a big hole due to a terribly swollen left eye, one that eventually caused the surprising end to the fight when New York State Athletic Commission chief medical officer Dr. Barry Jordan stepped onto the ring apron to order it stopped.

"Hats off to Rosado. He is one hell of a fighter," Lemieux said. "I had tremendous preparation. I wanted to show all of you what I could do. I wanted to make a statement. Rosado is even better than I thought. I hope you enjoyed it."...

READ THE FULL STORY ON ESPN

gdgills's Photo gdgills 07 Dec 2014

well I for one would love to see him fight GGG.  So this is one that should be easy to make.  GGG is the better boxer by far,  but this would be entertaining while it lasted.

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 07 Dec 2014

David has serious power, thudding shots.  His delivery is still flawed, doesn't set up his punches well and is still inefficient.   But his pace has improved, he took his time and still had his power later on.  Cotto is technically much better but would not be able to take many of those blows, and 3G smashes David.

atruesoutherngentleman's Photo atruesoutherngentleman 08 Dec 2014

Rosado is deserving of a few soft touches considering his recent run of opposition. Someone needs to do that for him, seriously.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 08 Dec 2014

View Postatruesoutherngentleman, on 08 December 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Rosado is deserving of a few soft touches considering his recent run of opposition. Someone needs to do that for him, seriously.
he chose his fights based on money now he seems like his career is on a path to no where.

View Postboxadore, on 08 December 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

he chose his fights based on money now he seems like his career is on a path to no where.

I wish he or his handlers used better judgment in picking his fights. He could be this generation's Arturo Gatti and I'd like to see him win a few fights along the way as well instead of always being on the losing end.

Danko's Photo Danko 08 Dec 2014

Rosados face just can't hold up.

View PostDanko, on 08 December 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

Rosados face just can't hold up.

That's a serious problem... against some lesser foes it might not be a huge problem. Punchers like GGG and Lemieux, there's no way to prevent his skin from failing him.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 08 Dec 2014

View Postatruesoutherngentleman, on 08 December 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I wish he or his handlers used better judgment in picking his fights. He could be this generation's Arturo Gatti and I'd like to see him win a few fights along the way as well instead of always being on the losing end.
They need to take him off TV then.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 08 Dec 2014

View Postgdgills, on 07 December 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

well I for one would love to see him fight GGG.  So this is one that should be easy to make.  GGG is the better boxer by far,  but this would be entertaining while it lasted.
Thing is, after GGG smashes him, people will say well he got stopped by Rubio.

I'd watch though.

jlc80's Photo jlc80 08 Dec 2014

David vs Gennady is fireworks for sure. I already know David can't take GGG's power but I would love to see how GGG handles David's. Either way, David doesn't make past 4 rounds.

ShameLess's Photo ShameLess 08 Dec 2014

Mane Rosada needs to fight him 2 mo time den we put him in da hall of fame like gatti ya digs

Pittbull's Photo Pittbull 09 Dec 2014

Finally I got to watch the fight. Lemieux looks like an exciting fighter, it's hard to believe he lost to Rubio. He was younger then, so I can't really hold it against him. His style reminds me of Matthysse. Lemieux looks like a good matchup for GGG.  I'm not sure he can hang with GGG but nevertheless it's an intriguing bout.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 09 Dec 2014

Lemiex has a good gas tank. Thought was going to tire for sure. Heavy bombs from beginning to end.

Poor Rosada just can't catch a break. His face never holds up.