←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Thomas Dulorme Takes Win By Split Decision

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 07 Dec 2014

Dulorme takes win by split decision

Junior welterweight contender survives the final rounds to defeat Hank Lundy

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

NEW YORK -- Thomas Dulorme scored a first-round knockdown and went on to win a 10-round split decision against "Hammerin'" Hank Lundy in a hard-fought junior welterweight fight on Saturday night before 6,532 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Fighting on the undercard of the David Lemieux-Gabriel Rosado middleweight fight, Dulorme got off to a hot start to open a big early lead on two scorecards before Lundy finally got going and had a strong second half of what was a highly entertaining bout. In the end, two judges favored Dulorme's better boxing over Lundy's aggressiveness, scoring it 97-92 and 96-93. The third judge had it 96-93 for Lundy. ESPN.com had it for Dulorme, 96-93.

Dulorme / Lundy punch stats
Dulorme / Lundy -- Courtesy of CompuBox Landed 152 / 151 Thrown 447 / 451 Pct 34% / 33%
"He surprised me a little with his game plan and it was a tough fight, but I took my time and am very happy with my victory," Dulorme said. "I will go back to the gym and keep working hard but I think I deserve a world title shot."...

READ THE FULL STORY ON ESPN

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 08 Dec 2014

good win for the rican kid. I'm not sold on him though

Danko's Photo Danko 08 Dec 2014

Lundy dogged dulorme and had him running for the last several rds. Dulorme is not the goods.

atruesoutherngentleman's Photo atruesoutherngentleman 08 Dec 2014

View PostDanko, on 08 December 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Lundy dogged dulorme and had him running for the last several rds. Dulorme is not the goods.

Agreed.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 08 Dec 2014

View PostDanko, on 08 December 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

If it was a 12 rounder, Hank would've stopped him.

ojeda02's Photo ojeda02 08 Dec 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 08 December 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

If it was a 12 rounder, Hank would've stopped him.
True. Dulorme has talent, strength, skill, but he doesnt have IT.