←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

It's Fight Or Flee Time For Froch, Says Hearn

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 07 Dec 2014

It's fight or flee time for Froch, says Hearn

Carl Froch's hopes of a Las Vegas swansong fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr are improving but the Briton must decide whether he will fight James DeGale or vacate his IBF world title, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Froch has long wished to grace the Sin City stage and a fight with Chavez has been mooted since the Cobra knocked out George Groves at Wembley in their May rematch.

However, DeGale has worked himself into the mandatory position for Froch's IBF super-middleweight belt and the "Cobra" has until December 31 to make a decision.

"We have to make a decision and Froch can either ask for an exemption, fight DeGale or vacate," Hearn told Sportsmail.
"I'm more hopeful than ever that the fight will happen, hopefully at the end of March. There's a dispute between Chavez and [promoter] Top Rank but the kid's got to fight. Sooner or later that will be resolved and when it does, I believe Froch-Chavez will be made.
READ FULL STORY: http://www.espn.co.u...pihzKYYmkIGi.99

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 08 Dec 2014

How many times must Froch tell DeGale to fuck off? :lol:

It's not happening.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 08 Dec 2014

bore off to vegas then carl.

for a fight no one really gives a toss about. :P

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 08 Dec 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 08 December 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

bore off to vegas then carl.

for a fight no one really gives a toss about. :P

Yeah, Carl!   Stay in Nottingham for a fight that one person in Tunbridge Wells gives a toss about. :angry2:

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 08 Dec 2014

Froch doing a calzaghe, who was doing a Steve Collins.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 08 Dec 2014

I've never heard Degale call out Ward once, never seen him mention his name.

Fuck Froch, how about fighting the best in the division.

And before Shitters gets all defensive about Ward's lay off, now is the time to start mouthing it to at least get some interest in the fight especially with Ward expected to resume on with his career next year.

Not a fucking peep from Degale when it comes to that fight.