←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

I Want Mayweather Or Pacquiao Before Brook...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Dec 2014

I want Mayweather or Pacquiao before Brook, says Khan

Nick Parkinson
December 8, 2014

Amir Khan is prepared to wait for a fight against either Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao before a clash with British rival Kell Brook.

Khan boxes American Devon Alexander as top of the bill at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday in what he sees as an audition for a fight next year against either of the world's top two boxers: Mayweather Jr or Pacquiao.
The Bolton boxer's American promoter Oscar De La Hoya is pushing for a fight against pound-for-pound No.1 Mayweather or Pacquiao, with IBF champion Kell Brook as a possible Plan B. Khan, 28, aims to at least put himself at the head of the queue to face either Mayweather or Pacquiao in 2015 with a good win over Alexander and says Sheffield's IBF welterweight champion Brook will have to wait.

"There's talk about a fight with me and Kell Brook, but we are still young," Khan told ESPN. "Kell Brook is still learning and I'm in a position where I want to the big fights against Mayweather or Pacquiao to happen next year.

"They are only one or two fights away from retiring so I want my chance to fight them before they leave boxing. But Kell Brook is always going to be there and if we do fight, it has to be on my terms and what I want.

"A fight with Kell Brook is a fight I would give them but only when it's right for me and right now I have got the Alexander fight next and maybe then a big fight. I'll see if a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao can happen. Maybe after that it can happen. I will be back in the UK very soon, after my next two fights, maybe against Brook."
READ FULL STORY ON ESPN AT:  http://www.espn.co.u...xLv880RDpBaH.99