←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Khan Ready For Mayweather Or Pacquiao, Say...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Dec 2014

Khan ready for Mayweather or Pacquiao, says De La Hoya

ESPN staff
December 8, 2014

Oscar De La Hoya believes Amir Khan deserves to be put in the ring with either Floyd Mayweather Jr or Manny Pacquiao - and wouldn't be surprised if the Briton emerged victorious. Khan fights American Devon Alexander in a WBC "silver" welterweight title bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday, but has long desired a bout with either Mayweather or his former gym partner Pacquiao. Mayweather has overlooked Khan twice for Marcos Maidana despite the Bolton fighter topping an online poll set up by the pound-for-pound champion. Golden Boy president De La Hoya believes now is the time for Khan to be given his shot.

"I'm pushing for a Pacquiao fight," De La Hoya said. "I'm also pushing for a Mayweather fight. Amir Khan has been having eliminator after eliminator. The time for him is now. He deserves to be fighting Floyd Mayweather. He deserves to be fighting Manny Pacquiao."

"It really rubs me the wrong way that Amir has been promised fighting the likes of Mayweather and Pacquiao and it hasn't happened yet. He is at the perfect moment of his career.

"One thing is for sure: 2015 is going to be his year. He is a force to be reckoned with
READ FULL STORY ON ESPN AT: http://www.espn.co.u...tCzyDwLj4bpT.99