←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Carl Froch Says He's More Likely To Re...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Dec 2014

Froch more likely to retire than fight again

ESPN staffDecember 8, 2014

World super-middleweight champion Carl Froch has told the Telegraph it is "60/40 against" whether he will step in the ring again. Froch has not fought since last May, when he stopped George Groves for a second successive time to defend his WBA and IBF belts at Wembley Stadium, and wants a career swansong fight in Las Vegas. Promoter Eddie Hearn revealed he is in talks over a potential Sin City bout with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, but Froch says he will call it quits should nothing materialise - leaving mandatory challenger James DeGale's hopes of fighting the 'Cobra' for the IBF title in tatters.

"It's 60-40 against that I'll fight again," Froch told the newspaper. "I want the fight in Vegas. It's not that it has to be against Chavez, it could be against someone who takes me to Vegas - but I want one night in the fight capital of the world. My heroes all fought there and it's the box I've never ticked.

"The Vegas dream is there, but if it doesn't happen, I'll probably retire. Right now, it's 60/40 that I will retire.
READ FULL STORY ON ESPN AT:  http://www.espn.co.u...Yo3rv4gqxP7f.99