←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Paul Smith Handed Rematch Against Wbo King...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 08 Dec 2014

Boxing: Paul Smith handed rematch against WBO King Arthur Abraham in Germany

By Sky Sports
08/12/14
Paul Smith has been granted a rematch against WBO super-middleweight champion Arthur Abraham on February 21 in Berlin.

The Liverpudlian suffered a points defeat against Abraham in September, but a hard-fought contest was overshadowed by the scorecards, with the German receiving wide margins from all three judges.

Smith’s work-rate was barely acknowledged by the officials, one of whom, Fernando Laguna, awarded a 119-109 verdict to the champion, and the WBO held an investigation into the scoring.

The governing body initially insisted that Abraham was under no obligation to defend his belt against Smith again, but ‘King Arthur’ has agreed to the return bout.

Smith must prepare for another trip to Germany, but expects to receive even-handed treatment from the judges in the second bout....

READTHE FULL STORY ON SKY SPORTS

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 08 Dec 2014

that's a result for smithy.

should be another good payday.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 09 Dec 2014

hitman_hatton1, on 08 December 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

that's a result for smithy.

should be another good payday.
yeah, surprised by that. He'll get stopped this time tho

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 09 Dec 2014

stevieb_8006, on 09 December 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

yeah, surprised by that. He'll get stopped this time tho

Probably just because of the controversial scoring.  Gives them something to market the fight around, I suppose.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 09 Dec 2014

Lucky fucker... I thought he got beat fair and square.

Another payday for both guys in a fight that shouldn't have happened in the first place, reminds me of Mayweather-Maidana.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 09 Dec 2014

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 09 December 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Lucky fucker... I thought he got beat fair and square.

Another payday for both guys in a fight that shouldn't have happened in the first place, reminds me of Mayweather-Maidana.

Pretty much. :lol: