←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Wbc To Introduce New Anti-doping Program A...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 09 Dec 2014

WBC to introduce new anti-doping program at convention

By Ronnie Nathanielsz | Dec. 10, 2014 at 12:01am

IN perhaps the most far-reaching move under the presidency of Mauricio Sulaiman, the World Boxing Council’s 52nd Annual Convention at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas will see the introduction of the new WBC anti-doping program which, according to the premier world professional boxing organization “will include a specific program to also test for PED and human growth hormones with VADA, the Voluntary Anti Doping Agency.”

Several other important issues will be addressed during the convention, including mandatory fights per division, a report on the agreements reached between the WBC, World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation at the summit hosted by Sulaiman in Quintana Roo, which included a move to have one unified champion in each weight division.

There will also be what the WBC reported as “a thorough reorganization of the championships and guidelines of all WBC affiliated federations plus the important ranking sessions.”...

READ FULL STORY ON MANILA STANDARD

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 09 Dec 2014

Good to hear, but I'll believe it when I see it.  You know darn well Floyd isn't going to participate in this.

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 09 Dec 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 09 December 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Good to hear, but I'll believe it when I see it.  You know darn well Floyd isn't going to participate in this.

No, Floyd Mayweather thinks he is the most important person under the sun.  How dare anyone ask him to dope check!

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 09 Dec 2014

View PostGlax0r, on 09 December 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

No, Floyd Mayweather thinks he is the most important person under the sun.  How dare anyone ask him to dope check!
Especially when he has his own agency and custom testing protocol with USADA.