←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Keith Thurman Does Not See Pacquiao As...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Dec 2014

Thurman does not see Pacquiao as 'tremendous threat'

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 12/11/2014 9:01 PM

Unbeaten welterweight contender Keith Thurman is adding his name to the list of fighters who want to challenge Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao, and he believes the "Pacman" is "beatable."

The 26-year-old Thurman, in an interview with On the Ropes Boxing Radio, noted that there are "several people that would love to see me face Pacquiao."

"I'd face Pacquiao. I like his fighting style," said Thurman. "I don't see him as a tremendous threat."

"I see him as a skillful fighter, but we've seen it before. He's a beatable fighter," he added.

Thurman has a 23 wins with no loss and one no contest, and 21 of his wins have come via knockout. He has steadily risen in the welterweight ranks and currently holds the interim World Boxing Association belt.

READ THE FULL STORY ON ABS-CBN

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 11 Dec 2014

He would fvck Pac up plain and simple.  Only a rabbid Pac fiend believes otherwise.  He is also a real welter, not a blown up midget like Marquez and Bradley.  Thurman also isn't coming off of a loss like Cotto, Mosely, Margarito etc.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 11 Dec 2014

Pac would beat the crap out of hillbilly Thurman and make him change his own diaper after.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 12 Dec 2014

View Post9secondko, on 11 December 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Pac would beat the crap out of hillbilly Thurman and make him change his own diaper after.

Well we aren't going to find out when he's fighting the Algieri's of the world.

BABABOOEY's Photo BABABOOEY 12 Dec 2014

No need to even give this thought. Arum won't let Thurman anywhere near Pacquaio.

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 12 Dec 2014

Thurman hasn't even come close to facing a fighter near the level of Pac but he doesn't see him as a threat?   Make sense

Danko's Photo Danko 12 Dec 2014

Thurman has struggled with the very few live dogs he's faced and none of them were anywhere near pacs level. Until Thurman fights and beats some top guys it's hard to say he would do anything vs pac.

Shaun Waller's Photo Shaun Waller 12 Dec 2014

^^^  exactly.   Thurman is no doubt talented,  but theyr some obvious flaws.  Leaving his chin up in the air while leaping in will get him iced quick unless he changes

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Dec 2014

View PostBABABOOEY, on 12 December 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

No need to even give this thought. Al Haymon won't let Thurman anywhere near Pacquaio.
Fixed.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 12 Dec 2014

Thurman needs to dump Haymon and be with a real promoter. His hunger and attitude towards the game doesn't fit the Haymon fighter persona. He just wants to fight everybody, doesn't care what name you got.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Dec 2014

View PostTrue Fist, on 12 December 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Thurman needs to dump Haymon and be with a real promoter. His hunger and attitude towards the game doesn't fit the Haymon fighter persona. He just wants to fight everybody, doesn't care what name you got.
Wonder what his contract is like, no one has ever dumped Al that I am aware of.  I'd think it's not that easy, since Thurman could be making $2MM a fight had he signed with Jay Z.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 12 Dec 2014

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 12 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Well we aren't going to find out when he's fighting the Algieri's of the world.

And Thurman is fighting... A 40 year old wonder eh?

Danko's Photo Danko 12 Dec 2014

Haymon turned down a tim Bradley fight according to Dan Birmingham.

the_hater's Photo the_hater 12 Dec 2014

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 December 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Wonder what his contract is like, no one has ever dumped Al that I am aware of.  I'd think it's not that easy, since Thurman could be making $2MM a fight had he signed with Jay Z.

direll.. that long period in limbo with 2 quarters. he's back with him now

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 12 Dec 2014

View PostShaun Waller, on 12 December 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Thurman hasn't even come close to facing a fighter near the level of Pac but he doesn't see him as a threat?   Make sense

Pac fighting cans, and losing to blown up smaller men puts him on what level exactly?  This ain't the roided up Super Pac that whooped on Cotto.  This is the slightly deflated regular Pacquiao who lost to Bradley, was brutally KO'd by Marquez, and is being protected by being matched with Rios, Algieri, and a light hitting Bradley in a rematch.