←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Timothy Bradley Q & A: 'i Just Love Fighting'

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Dec 2014

Bradley: 'I just love fighting'

Originally Published: December 11, 2014By Brian Campbell | ESPN.com

HBO's Max Kellerman joins Dan Rafael and Brian Campbell to discuss the key factors in Saturday's welterweight matchup between Timothy Bradley Jr. and Diego Chaves.

One fight removed from suffering the first defeat of his career in his April rematch with Manny Pacquiao, former two-division titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. looks to start anew on Saturday.

Bradley (31-1, 12 KOs) will face Argentine slugger Diego Chaves (23-2, 19 KOs) in a 12-round welterweight bout headlining a card at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas (HBO, 9 p.m. ET/PT).

But before getting back into the ring, Bradley, 31, took time out to speak with ESPN.com about Chaves, Pacquiao and more:

Let's not pull any punches: On Saturday, will you be the brawler from the Ruslan Provodnikov fight or the slick boxer from your victory over Juan Manuel Marquez?
I'm going to be the Tim that I need to be on Saturday night, and that's whatever is going to win me the fight. A lot of people have been asking me that question, saying, "Dude, you have skills but you need to use it. But we enjoyed seeing you brawl and bring the intensity." I'm just going to do whatever will allow me to win the fight. I'll figure it out once I get there.

Would you consider it almost like an addiction, where you can't resist being lured into an action style at times?
I struggle with it because I want to give the fans what they want to see, which is an entertaining fight. So I struggle with that within myself and am constantly battling my coaches because I like to fight and put out. I have boxing skills, and sometimes I just shy away from it because I like to be in exciting fights. I just love fighting, I don't know. I love to put out and put my will on my opponent....

READ THE FULL INTERVIEW ON ESPN