←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Gennady Golovkin Opens Training Camp For M...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 17 Dec 2014

GGG opens training camp for Murray

December, 17, 2014
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

It's time for more GGG.

Middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin has opened training camp with trainer Abel Sanchez in Big Bear Lake, California, ahead of his defense against Martin Murray on Feb. 21 (HBO) in Monte Carlo.

"It was a very busy time these last few weeks but I liked spending time with the media and fans all over the world. I look forward to starting training camp with my coach and putting on another great show in Monte Carlo," Golovkin said.

Golovkin recently went on a four-country media tour to promote the fight, stopping in Monte Carlo, Astana (in his native Kazakhstan), London (in Murray's native England) and Mexico City, with a fifth stop being planned for January in Los Angeles, where Golovkin moved recently after years of being based in Germany.

He also was ringside at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas on Saturday watching Andy Lee knock out Matt Korobov to win a vacant middleweight belt. Golovkin is interested in unification fights, so...

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 17 Dec 2014

the question is does martin murray have a chance against ggg. or is this another mismatch? first round ko for ggg.

dazzler's Photo dazzler 18 Dec 2014

View Postboxadore, on 17 December 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

the question is does martin murray have a chance against ggg. or is this another mismatch? first round ko for ggg.

On the one hand Murray deserves his chance. On the other hand he is getting his chance - to take a world class beating.