←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Tyson Fury To Fight Feb. 28

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 18 Dec 2014

Tyson Fury to fight Feb. 28

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

British heavyweight contender Tyson Fury will risk his status as a mandatory challenger for world champion Wladimir Klitschko by fighting Feb. 28 at the O2 Arena in London, promoter Frank Warren announced Wednesday.

Fury does not have an opponent yet for the headline fight on the card -- Warren promised "a top 15-ranked contender" -- but because the mandatory world title bout will not take place until at least next summer, he wanted to remain active. The 26-year-old Fury (23-0, 17 KOs) is coming off a superb performance in a 10th-round knockout in a one-sided destruction of countryman Dereck Chisora in their rematch Nov. 29 in London. The fight was the final eliminator to produce one of Klitschko's mandatory challengers. In addition, Fury also won the European title and vacant British title. Klitschko (63-3, 54 KOs) is slated to make his 18th title defense April 25 (HBO), likely against American Bryant Jennings (19-0, 10 KOs) in New York. The winner of that fight likely would face Fury later in the year in the mandatory defense.

"It's great to have my first fight of the year up and announced so now I can go away, have a break over Christmas and then get back in the gym with a goal to aim for," Fury said. "When I haven't got a fight lined up, I find it hard to concentrate. I need that....

READ THE FULL STORY ON ESPN

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 26 Dec 2014

My Christmas is to complete.  :sleep:

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 26 Dec 2014

this is a tough bout for fury this hammer kid is tough and he has beat solid guys in the past. I think tyson fury wins sd.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 27 Dec 2014

Tyson Fury is a douche.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 27 Dec 2014

View PostBoxingFan, on 27 December 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Tyson Fury is a douche.

he's a good troll. :D

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 27 Dec 2014

If this was any other heavyweight taking this fight before his world title shot, the fans would be licking his steaming ringpiece in admiration.

Would we? :unsure:

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 27 Dec 2014

View PostBoxingFan, on 27 December 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Would we? :unsure:/>
I said fans!

Aaaayyyyyyyy! See what I did? Boom!

View Poststevieb_8006, on 27 December 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I said fans!

Aaaayyyyyyyy! See what I did? Boom!

:angry2:

Nobody likes a smart-arse.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 27 Dec 2014

View PostBoxingFan, on 27 December 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

:angry2:

Nobody likes a smart-arse.
boxingfan what kind of beer today?

View Postboxadore, on 27 December 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

boxingfan what kind of beer today?

Nowt interesting.  Just what my folks had in the fridge.

Yesterday was more interesting.  I was drinking my way through a beers of the world kit I had for Christmas.  I was drinking beers from Japan, India and across Europe.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 27 Dec 2014

View PostBoxingFan, on 27 December 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Nowt interesting.  Just what my folks had in the fridge.

Yesterday was more interesting.  I was drinking my way through a beers of the world kit I had for Christmas.  I was drinking beers from Japan, India and across Europe.
very good you need to try pacific northwest micro brews. oregon and washington have the best.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 28 Dec 2014

I'll nip over to Washington, first beer is on you.