←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Antonio Tarver Trying To Lure David Haye B...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 28 Dec 2014

'Rocky' star Tarver trying to lure Haye back into the ring

ESPN
December 28, 2014

Antonio Tarver, the former light heavyweight title holder and Rocky Balboa star is trying to lure David Haye back into the ring.
American Tarver (31-6, 22 KOs), who aims to become the oldest heavyweight world champion, wants a shot at Wladimir Klitschko and hopes to pave the way by taking on Briton Haye (26-2, 24 KOs), who has not been in action since knocking out Dereck Chisora in July 2012 and has fought only twice since 2010.

Tarver ended his 13-month lay-off by knocking out Johnathon Banks earlier in December and said: "In a perfect world I will be fighting Haye early next year. He keeps insisting that he's the second-biggest name in the heavyweight division.

"I need him to be my set-up guy to beat in order for me to get a world title shot against Klitschko. Haye has one-punch knockout ability and he's aggressive. Once I beat him, though, I want Klitschko. I will come to England and knock out Haye, knock him out cold.

"I'm 46 and I don't want to go through 12 guys like [Chris] Arreola, [Eddie] Chambers or [Steve] Cunningham to get Klitschko. He's waiting for me to lose so he doesn't have to fight me. I'm calling out Haye to get Klitschko.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...d5F2hiSchZuv.99

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Jan 2015

Not really bothered about this one.

Though if Haye did come back, guess he'd have to fight somebody. Can't just walk straight into a Klitschko fight.

I was never that interested in seeing him fight Fury either.  Other than Fury losing would've been quite funny.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 02 Jan 2015

like to see him give it one more try.

still young enough.

just how the injury holds up tbh.

always rated him as a fighter.

one of the most talented to come out of uk.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Jan 2015

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 02 January 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

like to see him give it one more try.

still young enough.

just how the injury holds up tbh.

always rated him as a fighter.

one of the most talented to come out of uk.

Agreed.

He gets a hard time at Rectum for ducking out on some fights, but even so.  Definitely one of the best to come out of the UK, even if he is a bit of a bellend.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 10 Jan 2015

let's hope david haye decides to beat that ass

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 18 Jan 2015

View PostJon Mark, on 18 January 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

Easy win for Tarver even at his age
you didn't just that?