←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Lee And Saunders Set For World Title Fight...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 28 Dec 2014

Lee and Saunders set for world title fight in Ireland

ESPN
December 28, 2014

Newly-crowned middleweight world title holder Andy Lee has been ordered by the WBO to begin negotiating his first defence against mandatory challenger Billy Joe Saunders.

If the sides do not make a deal before January 12 a purse bid will be ordered. The minimum bid is £128,500. Lee, as the titleholder, would be entitled to 75% of the winning bid with Saunders due the remaining 25%.

Either fighter can ask for the purse bid to be ordered immediately if they elect not to negotiate.

Promoter Frank Warren, who represents Saunders, has said he is aiming to put the fight on in March in Lee's native Ireland - either in his hometown of Limerick or in Dublin - and said he has been talking to Adam Booth, Lee's manager and trainer, about a deal.

Lee (34-2, 24 KOs), 30, who was trailing on all three scorecards, won the vacant middleweight belt by a sixth-round knockout of Matt Korobov on December 13 in Las Vegas. After the fight, Lee, a 2004 Irish Olympian, said that his dream was to make his first title defensc in Ireland, and Warren is seemingly prepared to make that happen...
Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...VLMeaQh6yO3h.99
Quote

Manchester Hitman's Photo Manchester Hitman 28 Dec 2014

Go on frank thats a Fcuking big fight:)
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Dec 2014

View PostManchester Hitman, on 28 December 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Go on frank thats a Fcuking big fight:)
saunders gos into dreamland quick.
Quote

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 28 Dec 2014

View PostManchester Hitman, on 28 December 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Go on frank thats a Fcuking big fight:)

Another fight no fucker will see.
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Dec 2014

View PostROCKYMARSHMELLOW, on 28 December 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Another fight no fucker will see.
if they do fight billyjoe gets broke off schmate.
Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 29 Dec 2014

View Postboxadore, on 28 December 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

saunders gos into dreamland quick.
what makes you sat that? BJS has never been down in his whole career. He soaked up Eubanks heavy shots well enough.


In fact, it's lee that's shown a bit more vulnerability.
Quote

delroy02's Photo delroy02 29 Dec 2014

<p>&lt;p&gt;

Quote

&lt;br /&gt;<br />
what makes you sat that? BJS has never been down in his whole career. He soaked up Eubanks heavy shots well enough.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
In fact, it&amp;#39;s lee that&amp;#39;s shown a bit more vulnerability.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;/p&gt;<br />
&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;<br />
Eubank is though a relative novice compared to Lee.<br />
<br />
Although Lee as you say has shown vulnerability, it&#39;s been at a much higher level than what Saunders has been campaigning at. Plus I doubt Eubank carries more power in those wild haymakers he was aiming at Saunders than Lee&#39;s right hook.</p>
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 29 Dec 2014

saunders wins.

pts.

rather see a eubank rematch tbh.

2 southpaws never sets the pulses racing does it. :rolleyes:
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 29 Dec 2014

View Postboxadore, on 28 December 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

saunders gos into dreamland quick.

bollocks does he. :D
Quote

Menty's Photo Menty 29 Dec 2014

Saunders is by far the better boxer and has the better chin - Saunders by UD
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 30 Dec 2014

lee sends the kid into retirement lads.
Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 30 Dec 2014

View Postboxadore, on 30 December 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

lee sends the kid into retirement lads.
ludicrous. Like a 25 year olds gona retire if he loses his first fight in a world title opportunity.
Quote