←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Chris Eubank Jr To Challenge Wba Middlewei...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 30 Dec 2014

Chris Eubank Jr to challenge WBA middleweight champion Dmitry Chudinov



Sky Sports

Chris Eubank Jr will face Russia's Dmitry Chudinov as part of the Tyson Fury undercard at the O2 on February 28.


Eubank Jr's challenge against Interim WBA middleweight champion Chudinov will be the chief support for Fury's defence of his WBO International heavyweight belt against Christian Hammer.

The Brighton fighter suffered his first career loss last time out against bitter rival Billy Joe Saunders but victory over Chudinov could put him on the road to a rematch, with Saunders set to take on Irishman Andy Lee for the WBO middleweight title early in 2015.
Chudinov is unbeaten in 16 professional fights, two of those in London, and he defended his title for the second time against Frenchman Mehdi Bouadia in August.

The card will also see IBF bantamweight champion Paul Butler bid to claim a second title at a lower weight when he challenges IBF super-flyweight champion Zolani Tete...

READ FULL STORY ON SKY SPORTS
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 30 Dec 2014

good opponent tbh.

better than fury's euro dud anyway. :rolleyes:
Quote

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 31 Dec 2014

Boxing. :rolleyes:

Step up for the first time in your career.  Lose.  Get title shot anyway.
Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 31 Dec 2014

Shaping up to be a good card. Warren comes through again.
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 31 Dec 2014

it's only an interim title.

and no way is eubank gonna keep it and end up having to fight golovkin is he.

unless team eubank has completely lost it. :lol:
Quote

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 31 Dec 2014

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 31 December 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

it's only an interim title.

and no way is eubank gonna keep it and end up having to fight golovkin is he.

unless team eubank has completely lost it. :lol:

I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility.
Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 31 Dec 2014

Eubank is better than GGG. Didn't you hear?

It's so they can build the rematch as a unification if BJS wins.
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 31 Dec 2014

golovkin don't seem keen on going to 168 yet.

so i'll be a bit surprised if the interim title is kept going into a bjs return match.

not as the wba give a shit about enforcing these title shots anyway.

just give golovkin the super title and collect the fees i suppose.
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 31 Dec 2014

View Poststevieb_8006, on 31 December 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Eubank is better than GGG. Didn't you hear?

he was better than saunders anyhow. :D
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 31 Dec 2014

View PostBoxingFan, on 31 December 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

Boxing. :rolleyes:

Step up for the first time in your career.  Lose.  Get title shot anyway.
sounds like he's fighting a easy fight?
Quote

delroy02's Photo delroy02 02 Jan 2015

Just shows how absurd these governing bodies are. Eubank Jr fighting for the interim WBA belt. The regular WBA champ is Daniel Jacobs with Golovkin being the super dooper champ. Three champs for the same governing body in one division, utterly ridiculous, but in Boxing it's considered the norm
Quote

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Jan 2015

Might watch this one.  Have been thinking of signing up to Boxnation for a while, but there's nothing that excited listed in January.  Deontay Wilder is on in a couple of weeks, that's about it for January. :lol:

I found a pub that was advertising having Boxnation the other day. May wonder down there.
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 02 Jan 2015

View Postdelroy02, on 02 January 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

Just shows how absurd these governing bodies are. Eubank Jr fighting for the interim WBA belt. The regular WBA champ is Daniel Jacobs with Golovkin being the super dooper champ. Three champs for the same governing body in one division, utterly ridiculous, but in Boxing it's considered the norm

didn't even know jacobs had the regular title.

embarrassing.
Quote

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 02 Jan 2015

View PostBoxingFan, on 02 January 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

Might watch this one.  Have been thinking of signing up to Boxnation for a while, but there's nothing that excited listed in January.  Deontay Wilder is on in a couple of weeks, that's about it for January. :lol:

I found a pub that was advertising having Boxnation the other day. May wonder down there.

so ya signing up down the local boozer instead. :rolleyes:

a new year but old habits die hard right bf. :D
Quote

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 02 Jan 2015

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 02 January 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

so ya signing up down the local boozer instead. :rolleyes:

a new year but old habits die hard right bf. :D

Get bent. :lol:
Quote