←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Promoter Says Manny Pacquiao Has Agreed To...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 14 Jan 2015

Promoter says Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a Mayweather fight

By Kevin Iole - Yahoo Sports
LAS VEGAS -- Promoter Bob Arum told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday that Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a May 2 bout with Floyd Mayweather, and that the only thing in the way of the long-awaited fight occurring is Mayweather's approval. Arum said Mayweather's representatives have also agreed to the deal but have not been able to get Mayweather's agreement. However, there is no verification from anyone representing Mayweather whether Arum's side is accurate.

On Friday, the Los Angeles Times reported that progress was being made on making the match a reality. Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports over the weekend that a deal for the two superstars to fight at the MGM Grand Garden was imminent.

The sources told Yahoo Sports that not only have the sides agreed for the fight to be May 2 at the MGM, but also on a 60/40 purse split that would favor Mayweather. Mayweather could make in the range of $120 million. An MGM spokesman told Yahoo Sports that there was no deal for the fight to be held at the Grand Garden as far as he is aware...

READ THE FULL STORY ON YAHOO

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 14 Jan 2015

This has happened before.  The last time Floyd denied negotiations took place.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 14 Jan 2015

No small task getting HBO and SHO to agree to terms.

It's 100% on Floyd this time.  If he wants it, they'll fight.  If they don't fight, we know who's at fault.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 14 Jan 2015

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 14 January 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

No small task getting HBO and SHO to agree to terms.

It's 100% on Floyd this time.  If he wants it, they'll fight.  If they don't fight, we know who's at fault.
He better man the fuck up. If not I think it's an enormous stain on his career.

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 14 January 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

He better man the fuck up. If not I think it's an enormous stain on his career.
Big sh1t stain, like when Spud made that mess in the bed in Trainspotting.

Lance Pugmire@latimespugmire  5m5 minutes ago
To @FloydMayweather, his acceptance of purse is just part of an overall deal, that's why today's @SHOsports @HBOboxing meeting so key.

Dan Rafael  @danrafaelespn    ·   14h 14 hours ago

I think Manny, Arum, Showtime/CBS, HBO have ALL done what they need to do to make it. It is all up to Floyd. I do not believe it happens.

mos-def's Photo mos-def 15 Jan 2015

View PostVatoloco, on 14 January 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

This has happened before.  The last time Floyd denied negotiations took place.
Really? Well the same scribe says himself that he wasn't able to confirm with the FMJ camp if any of what Arum is claiming is true or not.

"Iole did make it clear that nobody from Mayweather's side was able to verify the current standing of the negotiations. Multiple outlets have reported that several terms were agreed up a few days ago, including a 60-40 split in favor of Mayweather and using the MGM Grand as a venue."

http://www.boxingsce...approval--86294

This is the same day, same report. But no one here points out this very significant point, so I will. All we know is at this point at least, this is what Arum is saying. In another report I read, they're also talking about other "options." It's mid January and this fight doesn't need to be sold to anyone so why even mention other options? To me, this has been set up perfectly for those who don't read and comprehend thoroughly that Arum is saying this—WITHOUT ANY VERIFIABLE PROOF BY THE WRITER—only to absolve himself and TR from blame for this fight not happening, as typical in the past.

If the writer can't confirm anything from the other side, it really doesn't mean that much.

jermaine's Photo jermaine 15 Jan 2015

View Postmos-def, on 15 January 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

Really? Well the same scribe says himself that he wasn't able to confirm with the FMJ camp if any of what Arum is claiming is true or not.

"Iole did make it clear that nobody from Mayweather's side was able to verify the current standing of the negotiations. Multiple outlets have reported that several terms were agreed up a few days ago, including a 60-40 split in favor of Mayweather and using the MGM Grand as a venue."

This is the same day, same report. But no one here points out this very significant point, so I will. All we know is at this point at least, this is what Arum is saying. In another report I read, they're also talking about other "options." It's mid January and this fight doesn't need to be sold to anyone so why even mention other options? To me, this has been set up perfectly for those who don't read and comprehend thoroughly that Arum is saying this—WITHOUT ANY VERIFIABLE PROOF BY THE WRITER—only to absolve himself and TR from blame for this fight not happening, as typical in the past.

If the writer can't confirm anything from the other side, it really doesn't mean that much.
Stephen Esponoza said showtime and team floyd are continuing to remain quiet while trying to make the fight. They believe it's the only way to make it, he also said they understand floyd is taking a beating in the PR battle just as he has in the past.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 15 Jan 2015

View Postmos-def, on 15 January 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

Fine, but there were previous negotiations where Arum, Haymon and Rossberg acknowledged and team Floyd claimed didn't happen.

jermaine's Photo jermaine 15 Jan 2015

View PostVatoloco, on 15 January 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Fine, but there were previous negotiations where Arum, Haymon and Rossberg acknowledged and team Floyd claimed didn't happen.
why dont you ever mention the time this same promoter was caught lying about what really took place in the negotiations between these same 2 guys?

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 15 Jan 2015

View Postjermaine, on 15 January 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

why dont you ever mention the time this same promoter was caught lying about what really took place in the negotiations between these same 2 guys?

Post it for us

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 16 Jan 2015

What does it matter?  Haymon and Rossberg both acknowledged that a second negotiation took place.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 16 Jan 2015

Post a link to this alleged scenario.

simba's Photo simba 16 Jan 2015

View Post1hitrquitr, on 15 January 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Post it for us
Yes, post it for us.