←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Showtime Supports Fighters On Nbc

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 17 Jan 2015

Showtime supports fighters on NBC

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

LAS VEGAS -- Showtime Sports boss Stephen Espinoza says that as bizarre as it sounds, he is fully supportive of some of the fighters his network has supported -- and some of the bouts he badly wanted to make for his network -- are going to NBC in primetime as part of manager/adviser Al Haymon's new "Premier Champions Boxing" series.

Three bouts on two cards for the series were announced at Wednesday's news conference: interim welterweight titlist Keith Thurman against Robert Guerrero, and Adrien Broner against John Molina in a junior welterweight bout on March 7, and an April 11 junior welterweight unification fight between champion Danny Garcia and titleholder Lamont Peterson, a fight Espinoza had particularly coveted to the point where he took huge heat for an August card featuring both in mismatches when Haymon refused to match them. (By the way, there is a lot of chatter that Haymon is trying to add a fight between middleweight titlist Andy Lee and Peter Quillin, who vacated the belt Lee won in December, to the April 11 card.)

Overall, Haymon's multiyear NBC deal calls for 20 fights in 2015, with 11 on NBC (five on Saturday night primetime and six on Saturday afternoons) and nine on NBC Sports Net....

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON ESPN

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 17 Jan 2015

I would cancel my subscription but I get it for free anyways

maybebabyny's Photo maybebabyny 17 Jan 2015

Ludicrous spin. I might buy it if the deal was with Cbs. Espinoza's days are numbered.