←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Froch: No Interest In Fighting Bernard Hop...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 20 Jan 2015

Froch: No interest in fighting Bernard Hopkins

ESPN staffJanuary 20, 2015  

Carl Froch has poured water on suggestions of a potential fight with Bernard Hopkins, telling the Telegraph he is "prepared to wait" for a summer showdown with Julio Cesar Chavez instead.

Froch had to delay a Las Vegas swansong against Chavez, originally pencilled in for March 28, after he suffered a minor elbow injury during preparatory training.

Reports emerged that Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn offered the Brit a June bout with either heavyweight Hopkins or middleweight Gennady Golovkin.

However, Froch told the newspaper: "I'm not really interested. I'm prepared to wait until [I'm fit again] and I'll face Chavez in Las Vegas in June."
Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...MfHjfYIH01xg.99

Whitehope#!'s Photo Whitehope#! 20 Jan 2015

Frotch was offered to fight golovkin by his promoter and he passed on the fight recently.

delroy02's Photo delroy02 21 Jan 2015

Really don't understand why Froch is so desperate to fight Chavez.  If anything it's a step down in competition from when he fought Groves.  Chavez has only got where he is because of his old man.  Besides he's going to struggle with Fonfara if that fight happens

I'd much rather see him in there against Hopkins, GGG or even DeGale, although I think he loses to all three

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 21 Jan 2015

View Postdelroy02, on 21 January 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

Really don't understand why Froch is so desperate to fight Chavez.  If anything it's a step down in competition from when he fought Groves.  Chavez has only got where he is because of his old man.  Besides he's going to struggle with Fonfara if that fight happens

I'd much rather see him in there against Hopkins, GGG or even DeGale, although I think he loses to all three

GGG he loses to,  not sure about Hopkins. You wonder how long Nard can keep going at his age, especially after coming off a loss.

Froch is obviously better than DeGale. And if he'd fought DeGale instead of Groves last year, Froch would've eaten him alive.  It's possible DeGale wins now,  I guess.  Fighter's of Froch's age suddenly get very old, very quickly.  And with an injury, and a lay off, it's possible Froch throws in a bad performance and DeGale wins.  But that's about the only way DeGale has him.

delroy02's Photo delroy02 21 Jan 2015

View PostBoxingFan, on 21 January 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

GGG he loses to,  not sure about Hopkins. You wonder how long Nard can keep going at his age, especially after coming off a loss.

Froch is obviously better than DeGale. And if he'd fought DeGale instead of Groves last year, Froch would've eaten him alive.  It's possible DeGale wins now,  I guess.  Fighter's of Froch's age suddenly get very old, very quickly.  And with an injury, and a lay off, it's possible Froch throws in a bad performance and DeGale wins.  But that's about the only way DeGale has him.

I'm pretty confident that Hopkins has enough to mug Froch over the distance.  I just think the old man has a bad style for Froch to deal with.

DeGale isn't as bad as people make out,  I think his twattish personality sometimes blinds people into thinking he's gash.  Froch is certainly there for the taking imo judging by his performances against Groves.  I'm not totally convinced that Groves is up there as a top Super Middle.  Will be interesting to see how he gets on with someone like Dirrell if that fight gets made

View Postdelroy02, on 21 January 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm pretty confident that Hopkins has enough to mug Froch over the distance.  I just think the old man has a bad style for Froch to deal with.

DeGale isn't as bad as people make out,  I think his twattish personality sometimes blinds people into thinking he's gash.  Froch is certainly there for the taking imo judging by his performances against Groves.  I'm not totally convinced that Groves is up there as a top Super Middle.  Will be interesting to see how he gets on with someone like Dirrell if that fight gets made

He weren't great during some of his fights on Channel 5 over here.  (Every fight between Hadillah Mohjoumadi and Gevorg Khatchikian.)   Opponents I'd expect somebody world class to be beating comprehensively, he'd slow down in the middle rounds and look like he wasn't even going to try against them.  He performed a lot better against George Groves than he did any of the fights mentioned.

Must confess, I didn't see his recent fight, but apparently he was much better.  A lot of the pundits used the fact that he had a long term injury as an excuse, and also pointed to the fact that he believed he should be fighting better so wasn't as motivated.

If he does beat Froch, I'll give him his due, despite being the fact he's a huge knobhead.  I just feel Froch is a level above. The biggest factors for me are his age, and how much of a toll the injury takes on him.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 21 Jan 2015

Really don't understand why Froch is so desperate to fight Chavez.

guaranteed vegas sellout.

big payday.

very winnable.

where's the downside.

he's at that topping up the pension fund stage now.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 21 Jan 2015

View PostBoxingFan, on 21 January 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

He weren't great during some of his fights on Channel 5 over here.  (Every fight between Hadillah Mohjoumadi and Gevorg Khatchikian.   Opponents I'd expect somebody world class to be beating comprehensively, he'd slow down in the middle rounds and look like he wasn't even going to try against them.  He performed a lot better against George Groves than he did any of the fights mentioned.

Must confess, I didn't see his recent fight, but apparently he was much better.  A lot of the pundits used the fact that he had a long term injury as an excuse, and also pointed to the fact that he believed he should be fighting better so wasn't as motivated.

If he does beat Froch, I'll give him his due, despite being the fact he's a huge knobhead.  I just feel Froch is a level above. The biggest factors for me are his age, and how much of a toll the injury takes on him.
he looked great in his last two. I hate to admit.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 21 Jan 2015

View Postdelroy02, on 21 January 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

I just think the old man has a bad style for Froch
i agree.  But froch could be too busy for him maybe. Honestly think it's a pick 'em

View Poststevieb_8006, on 21 January 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

he looked great in his last two. I hate to admit.

Must confess, I didn't see his last one.  It was on Bellew vs Clev, and there was no way I was paying for that shite. :lol:

View Poststevieb_8006, on 21 January 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

i agree.  But froch could be too busy for him maybe. Honestly think it's a pick 'em

My concern is more to do with Froch's age, than anything else. He's not getting any younger.

I think it becomes irrelevant. As Hitman says, he's getting the end of his career.  Wants that big payday in Vegas, then retiring.  I'm pretty sure the fight with DeGale aint happening anyway. Chavez or nobody.

Give it six months, DeGale will be matched in a winnable fight for the vacant title.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 21 Jan 2015

View PostBoxingFan, on 21 January 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Give it six months, DeGale will be matched in a winnable fight for the vacant title.

rumours that degale-kessler might happen.

mike john's Photo mike john 21 Jan 2015

Really don't understand why Froch is so desperate to fight Chavez.

in line with his unwillingness to fight a worthy and eager british opponent, its a further emulation of the end of calzaghes career swansong against jones. the name, the bright lights, the money

I also heard there was going to be a DeGale vs Groves rematch.  :rolleyes:

At least Kessler wouldn't be retreading old ground.  And I have no interest in watching Chunky say the words; "Ugly Boy" 1,248 times every interview for several months pre-Groves.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 22 Jan 2015

Plot twist.  It's Dirrell.

http://www.worldboxi...xt-in-line.html