←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Amir Khan: ' Pacquiao-mayweather Will...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 04 Feb 2015

'Pacquiao-Mayweather will never happen'

ESPN staff
February 4, 2015

A highly-anticipated fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao will "never happen" according to Amir Khan - who reiterated Mayweather should fight him instead.

Mayweather and Pacquiao appeared to be moving closer to ending the protracted negotiations that had prevented the bout from going ahead in previous years after meeting for the first time during the half-time interval of the Miami Heat v Milwaukee Bucks NBA game last Tuesday.

However, Khan, 28, believes that circumstances behind the scenes will prevent any deal from being struck.
"Honestly that fight will never happen, in my opinion," he told BT Sport. "I spoke to Manny Pacquiao and, obviously, we speak to Mayweather and his team.

"I can't really see that fight happening, there are too much politics with that fight. There's different promotions teams and different management teams - I don't think they will let that fight happen."
Read more at http://www.espn.co.u...wxyhOB80uBWW.99

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 04 Feb 2015

it'll get announced next week now i expect. :D

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 04 Feb 2015

He wishes. Sounds desperate doesn't he?

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 04 Feb 2015

All the fighters that would jump at the chance at Khan around 140 and 147 and Khan keeps blabbering on about a fight he ain't getting. ZZZZZZZzzzzzz

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 05 Feb 2015

Wasn't there a rumour that Pac was going to fight Khan at Wembley stadium?

You must be really unmarketable if Pac would rather fight Floyd than fight you. :lol: